• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    I was in the pregame thread, just spitballin'...and while rummaging around in my dusty closet of a mind, a thought tumbled out...I have been trying to put my finger on why Herbert seems to be backsliding a bit, injuries not withstanding, and I had an epiphany...

Say what you want about Lynn...but in his first year, whenever Herbert came off the field, Lynn was telling him what he did wrong...and in practice the next week too...and Ill bet even when he did well, Lynn was like "thats great kid...BUT..." and would expand on what he thought he could do better...and what happened? Herbert churns out possibly the best rookie QB season, outside of wins and losses, in NFL history.

Year 2, new coach, wants to impress, another really good year, amazing plays, crazy superman throws...but Staley is starting to praise the kid like he is the second coming...and the slide starts...

Look...I dont know the kid...never met him, obviously...but through watching him on the field and at the pressers, his body language, demeanor, how he talks...I dont think this kid is comfortable with all the sugar, all the over the top accolades and hero worship....I think he NEEDS a coach to be in his face when he jacks up...and telling him how he can do it better, even when he does well...in short, I think he has been mishandled....

This kid is ultra talented, and I think he can lead on the field...but I think he still needs a demanding and critical leader above him...and not a fluffer like Staley has been...Moore likely hasnt been in his grill either...hopefully we can get someone to coach this team, who wont kiss this kids ass...my gut tells me Herbo would like that...
    interesting view. some people do do better when they are haggled. for me if the wife nags I wanna go the opposite way lol!

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

We’re the Chargers. We stump everybody.
        LOL bluey.
        "I got nuttin' !"
        Exact words.
        Each of them.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

We’re the Chargers. We stump everybody.
          I think its pretty easy to figure out. The Spanii have created this culture that runs throughout the organization. John BOy as VP of Football Ops, keeping Telesco, being clueless in hiring a guy like Staley. It is pretty obvious that Dean, and now John Boy - never had to "work" for anything. They are just two dipshits. My guess, the only owner that might have less business acumen, common sense, just general business sense than Dean is Mark Davis. Dean is just incompetent and he is fine with that.

The easiest way for the Chargers to improve without Dean selling is
          1) fire anybody in the building named SPanos
          2) the owner gives a budget for the year and hires professional people to do their jobs - mainly Jim Harbaugh and GTFO of the way and let Goodell hgand you a trophy in a few years

Its a pretty easy fix actually

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

I was in the pregame thread, just spitballin'...and while rummaging around in my dusty closet of a mind, a thought tumbled out...I have been trying to put my finger on why Herbert seems to be backsliding a bit, injuries not withstanding, and I had an epiphany...

Say what you want about Lynn...but in his first year, whenever Herbert came off the field, Lynn was telling him what he did wrong...and in practice the next week too...and Ill bet even when he did well, Lynn was like "thats great kid...BUT..." and would expand on what he thought he could do better...and what happened? Herbert churns out possibly the best rookie QB season, outside of wins and losses, in NFL history.

Year 2, new coach, wants to impress, another really good year, amazing plays, crazy superman throws...but Staley is starting to praise the kid like he is the second coming...and the slide starts...

Look...I dont know the kid...never met him, obviously...but through watching him on the field and at the pressers, his body language, demeanor, how he talks...I dont think this kid is comfortable with all the sugar, all the over the top accolades and hero worship....I think he NEEDS a coach to be in his face when he jacks up...and telling him how he can do it better, even when he does well...in short, I think he has been mishandled....

This kid is ultra talented, and I think he can lead on the field...but I think he still needs a demanding and critical leader above him...and not a fluffer like Staley has been...Moore likely hasnt been in his grill either...hopefully we can get someone to coach this team, who wont kiss this kids ass...my gut tells me Herbo would like that...
            Lynn was all in on Tyrod. He didn’t even want to start Herbert and kind of threw him under the bus during several post-game interviews. I doubt he learned much of anything from Lynn at all.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Glad for Herbert. This way he is not an active part of this clown show for the rest of the year. And rather than anyone say that Staley should be given another chance since he lost Herbert, I say he needs to be fired ever more strongly because he played a key role in Herbert getting injured. And not just this year. Every year he has been our pathetic HC.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                Who’s backup to Stick? I don’t think we’ve hit bottom yet.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Thank god Herberts out...he needs BOTH fingers healed up...and since this season is a wash anyway, we will likely acquire a much better pick without him...best possible result to a failed season...
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    No surprise at all. There was no way he was going to be able to play with a fractured finger on his throwing hand. That was obvious to everyone except maybe Staley

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think its pretty easy to figure out. The Spanii have created this culture that runs throughout the organization. John BOy as VP of Football Ops, keeping Telesco, being clueless in hiring a guy like Staley. It is pretty obvious that Dean, and now John Boy - never had to "work" for anything. They are just two dipshits. My guess, the only owner that might have less business acumen, common sense, just general business sense than Dean is Mark Davis. Dean is just incompetent and he is fine with that.

The easiest way for the Chargers to improve without Dean selling is
                      1) fire anybody in the building named SPanos
                      2) the owner gives a budget for the year and hires professional people to do their jobs - mainly Jim Harbaugh and GTFO of the way and let Goodell hgand you a trophy in a few years

Its a pretty easy fix actually
                      I don't know....Davis has his own city and stadium.........

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I don't know....Davis has his own city and stadium.........
                        Good point!

I wonder if Deano truly realizes the reality of the team, the perception of the media and fans and how he is a big part of the problem.

John Boy can still have the title without the responsibility. Does he like watching his team lose and being mocked by the media as he owns the team that is "Chargering"

Posner just tweeted out that for the 5th year in a row - the Chargers will be the UNDER in win totals compared to projections. 5 years, the longest of any team for this metric.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Thank god Herberts out...he needs BOTH fingers healed up...and since this season is a wash anyway, we will likely acquire a much better pick without him...best possible result to a failed season...
                          Losing Herbert doesn't change much. By now everyone knew that he was paralyzed by the blitz.
                          Moore has made Lombo look like a genius in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                          X