• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Even if doesn't drop those we still finish bottom 10 and still need a WR because we just lost Allen and Williams.
    We finished 5-12 because our coaching staff stunk and by the end of the season they lost the locker room.
    I mean if he catches that pass against GB, it's a TD and we probably win that game. Still probably pick top ten but not 5th.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

the only way to change the culture and turn this team around is with a top 5-10 defense, invest on defense that's what I would do, use the first 3-4 picks on defensive players, Edge would be first and then take the BPA of the either CB, DT, or LB with the next 3 picks, THAT'S what it's going to take to turn this team around...

DEFENSE!
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

So how many snaps per game would an EDGE get? Three maybe? I dunno, kinda want more opportunities/production from a guy picked fifth, I’m a headcase.

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Someone mentioned that they doubt any Michigan players would be drafted by the Chargers. I tried to find the post but couldn't find it so I will post my thoughts here. I think the back end of the draft if is where we will see Michigan o-line taken. Harbaugh is probably more familiar with them more than any of the o-line that would be available later. Also, the offense will no doubt use 6 O-line on some plays, and he loves o-line.

Just for shits and giggles here is a mock with mostly Michigan players without a trade down:

#5 Bowers TE
          #23 Wilson WR- Michigan
          #69 Sainristil CB- Michigan
          #105 Corum RB- Michigan
          # 110 Keegan OG- Michigan
          # 140 Barrett LB- Michigan
          # 181 Barner TE- Michigan
          # 225 Barnhart OT- Michigan
          # 253 Nugent OC- Michigan
          This would not be a bad draft at all. This covers all needs except an outside CB and DT. I bet if you were to put this in the mock draft you get at least a B.
          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

DJ's thoughts on the Chargers WR vs tackle with our first pick:

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
              the only way to change the culture and turn this team around is with a top 5-10 defense, invest on defense that's what I would do, use the first 3-4 picks on defensive players, Edge would be first and then take the BPA of the either CB, DT, or LB with the next 3 picks, THAT'S what it's going to take to turn this team around...

DEFENSE!
              except they resigned all of their top defensive players and released/traded all of their top offensive players. I agree they need to build a top defense, its what all the cool kids are doing. Not first 4 picks though - maybe 2.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

According to the Colin Cowherd show, the Cardinals are asking for three first round picks for #4. The Cards' rationale supposedly is the Trey Lance trade in 2021 - the 49ers moved up from #12 to #3 by giving Miami their #12 pick in 2021, their 2022 1st and 3rd rnd picks and their 2023 1st rounder. The Cowherd show says it would be insane to give up 3 1st rnd picks for the 4th highest rated QB in the draft (McCarthy).

If it's true the Cards are holding out for 3 1st round picks and the Vikings don't want to pay it, that leaves the Chargers to negotiate with. If the Vikes surrendered #11 and #23 in this draft for the Chargers' #5, what additional compensation would you ask from the Vikings? Minn does not have a 2nd or 3rd in this draft, their next pick after the first rnd is #108 in the 4th.

Would you take Minn's #11, #23 and #108 for #5? That would give the Chargers #105, #108 and #110 at the top of the 4th round, in addition to the #11 & #23 in the 1st.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post
                  Someone mentioned that they doubt any Michigan players would be drafted by the Chargers. I tried to find the post but couldn't find it so I will post my thoughts here. I think the back end of the draft if is where we will see Michigan o-line taken. Harbaugh is probably more familiar with them more than any of the o-line that would be available later. Also, the offense will no doubt use 6 O-line on some plays, and he loves o-line.

Just for shits and giggles here is a mock with mostly Michigan players without a trade down:

#5 Bowers TE
                  #23 Wilson WR- Michigan
                  #69 Sainristil CB- Michigan
                  #105 Corum RB- Michigan
                  # 110 Keegan OG- Michigan
                  # 140 Barrett LB- Michigan
                  # 181 Barner TE- Michigan
                  # 225 Barnhart OT- Michigan
                  # 253 Nugent OC- Michigan
                  This would not be a bad draft at all. This covers all needs except an outside CB and DT. I bet if you were to put this in the mock draft you get at least a B.
                  Yep...not bad at all...

Comment

• Eurobolt
                    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
                    But WR @5 is not a luxury it is a need and we need a lot more than just a WR. That's why so many of us believe a
                    trade down is in the cards, if the right opportunity comes around.
                    - For me WR at 5 is a luxury
                    - Fot you it is a need

yet I feel we both prefer to trade down.

Originally posted by Velo

Would you take Minn's #11, #23 and #108 for #5? That would give the Chargers #105, #108 and #110 at the top of the 4th round, in addition to the #11 & #23 in the 1st.
                    Would do this in a Heartbeat

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      According to the Colin Cowherd show, the Cardinals are asking for three first round picks for #4. The Cards' rationale supposedly is the Trey Lance trade in 2021 - the 49ers moved up from #12 to #3 by giving Miami their #12 pick in 2021, their 2022 1st and 3rd rnd picks and their 2023 1st rounder. The Cowherd show says it would be insane to give up 3 1st rnd picks for the 4th highest rated QB in the draft (McCarthy).

If it's true the Cards are holding out for 3 1st round picks and the Vikings don't want to pay it, that leaves the Chargers to negotiate with. If the Vikes surrendered #11 and #23 in this draft for the Chargers' #5, what additional compensation would you ask from the Vikings? Minn does not have a 2nd or 3rd in this draft, their next pick after the first rnd is #108 in the 4th.

I would do that deal, but I'd like Trader Joe to get the Vikes to throw in a next year's 2nd rounder to sweeten the pot...maybe settle on a 3rd rounder...Hortiz LOVES to stockpile 3rd and 4th rounders...and BTW, that's STILL a much better deal than the Cards offer...u r right--I just don't think a trade is ahem, in the Cards, for the Vikes...

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

I think Joe Alt is simply better than any other OT.
                        When I see Fuaga play. He has moments where he so aggressive with his blocking that he doesn't stay connected for long on some blocks. While I watch Alt play and he always seem under control, gets hands on you and controls the block, sometimes just being a wall, other times turning and sealing and other times walk/wash you out of the way. My eye test when watching is telling me it's Joe Alt in a class by himself and then it's a group of 5 OTs after that that should all have a chance to be quality OTs in the league.

If there is a surprise at top of draft like 2 QB, then MHJ at 3 by NE or Vikings make the deal with NE and not ARZ. Or AR just decides we want MHJ, we aren't trading. Then maybe the best move is simply to stay put and take Alt. A players who ceiling is becoming the #1 OT in the league.
                        QB1
                        QB2
                        MHJ
                        QB3
                        Chargers. Joe Alt-OT
                        ​​​
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

YES, and then i MIGHT move down a bit from 23 depending on who is there.

Comment

Working...
                          X