• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gwynning_Spirit
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Will this thread get merged with the politics one if I blame violent video games for all of these losses?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Fitting that Eli, Ben and Rivers all bow out together.

While Brady marches on and Brees hangs in.
      It's only true if Rivers retires. He isn't benched or hurt. Eli has sucked for s while now and even though he has 2 rings, he isn't and never has been as good as Rivers.

As i always say,.....it's a team sport.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I agree.
        The team has let him down at times and he has let the team down at times.
        I do think he is the bigger factor it in all. Not in a bad way, just in that the franchise QB position carries a lot of responsibility in leading teams to win.
        I'll arbitrarily say 51% Rivers and 49% others.

I think he had 5 good to great games this year and the team is 4-1 in those games.
        I think he had 5 subpar games and the team is 0-5 in those games.
        So he is not getting carried by the others at all, if he does not play well, they just don't win.
        He has to do the heavy lifting. But he is the $95million dollar franchise QB, so it's kinda how it goes.
        And the hardest part to watch is how often he gets unraveled when doing the heavy lifting in end games situational football.
        He is just as likely to lead a drive late as he is to throw it deep into double coverage.
        Yep. Rivers needs to recognize that he just cannot keep holding onto the rock for any extended amount of time, not with this O-line. So, the only consistent way to stay out of trouble in this regard, is to go ground game with a few short passes fired off quickly. Anything beyond that is a setup for a sack, strip, tip or pick. Unfortunately, Rivers keeps holding onto the rock, as if he's got a healthy Okung and Pouncey in there, with plenty of time, and it's not happening...
        Last edited by Topcat; 11-08-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• AFCWEST
          Registered Chiefs Fan
          • Dec 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It's only true if Rivers retires. He isn't benched or hurt. Eli has sucked for s while now and even though he has 2 rings, he isn't and never has been as good as Rivers.

As i always say,.....it's a team sport.
          Matt Moore will be available next season. KC back up looking great.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I love Philip but AJ Smith once said, "It's better to get rid of a player a year too early, than a year too late".

This is in on ownership, the offensive line is/was/will be in shambles due to neglect.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I love Philip but AJ Smith once said, "It's better to get rid of a player a year too early, than a year too late".

This is in on ownership, the offensive line is/was/will be in shambles due to neglect.
              Sounds like Lynn has had it with Phil

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

image.png

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Sounds like Lynn has had it with Phil
                Yep. I think this is as close as Lynn gets to throwing Phil under the bus. And Rivers deserves it, because he keeps wanting to play "hero ball," going for the big play instead of taking what the D gives him. Wouldn't be surprised if Rivers retires at the end of this year. Bolts haven't extended him, and why would they want to? Need to save $$$ for next QB, a decent FA O-tackle, our next draft class, and extending Bosa (if he wants back in, and that's a mighty big "IF.")

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                  image.png

Yep. I think this is as close as Lynn gets to throwing Phil under the bus. And Rivers deserves it, because he keeps wanting to play "hero ball," going for the big play instead of taking what the D gives him. Wouldn't be surprised if Rivers retires at the end of this year. Bolts haven't extended him, and why would they want to? Need to save $$$ for next QB, a decent FA O-tackle, our next draft class, and extending Bosa (if he wants back in, and that's a mighty big "IF.")
                  Really feels like the end, doesn't it?

Lynn came in wanting to reign Phil in, reduce the turnovers and create a balanced attack.

Sorta worked for a bit but now we're back to where we were and I just don't think Lynn and PR is a combo that works. One of them has got to go.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Every Charger fan watching the game and every fan on the TPB GDT thread, including his biggest fans was saying .....
                    "YOU HAVE 3 TIMEOUTS AND 1 MINUTE, NEEDING A FG, WHY THE FK ARE YOU CHUCKING IT DEEP EVERY PLAY?"

Lynn is just being honest.
                    If he said anything different, the fans and all of Rivers teammates would look at Lynn with tilted head and stinkeye.

Own it Rivers. You went brain dead in the last minute.
                    Then Philip, go out and show everyone that it was just an off day.
                    You're not done, are you?.
                    Are you WASHED?
                    Prove you are not.
                    Show the competitor that goes on 6 games win streaks into the postseason.

You do it by playing smart and protecting the rock. Take what defense gives you.
                    Your 4-1 when you do. And 0-5 when you don't.

Everything can still happen. QB driven league. Drive without crashing (turnovers) !!!!!!

If Rivers goes the next 6 games with 2 or less turnovers. Finishing the season with 12ints. They will finish 9-7. And Have a chance at postseason.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• El_Tee
                      I’m No Noob
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Disney World, FL
                      • Send PM

Rivers has multiple INT games in 12 of his last 16 games.

Weve seen enough sample size.

Grateful to have had him. Grateful if we can finally move on.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

It’s in the air.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Lynn is singing like a canary.