Telesco Needs To Be Relieved Of Duties..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PR#1
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

As previous posters have mentioned a new GM would want his own coach.

I think Staley gets at least 3 years. So telesco will probably stay for that.

If telesco is fired I think Spanos fires both together just like Norv and AJ

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Not that the Chargers would ever hire him but a guy like Louis Riddick would probably not want to move on from Staley. He was on Staley last year - when the Rams played a Monday Night game. Riddick was very impressed

And second - you have to understand, there are only 32 of these jobs out there - somebody would take it

Third - why the hell would the new GM want to necessarily move on from Staley if they are paying attention to how he has coached this year.

The Chargers have a bunch of cap space, a young QB and good talent - GMs would go to the Chargers even if they have to keep Staley (which isnot like having to keep McCoy). I mean, truly, a new GM bringing in his own coach for this team - I wouldn't want that person anyway.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Dean Spanos is not going to fire Tom Telesco unless the Staley era tanks. He’s got 3 years for sure

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          Dean Spanos is not going to fire Tom Telesco unless the Staley era tanks. He’s got 3 years for sure
          Probably true.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

436 posts of legitimate venting
            over something that will never happen.

We have too much cap room
            ​​​​and too many draft picks
            in a draft loaded at our positions of need.

Chargers are in big trouble.

OK Kevin Kelly, I will polish your binoculars.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              True - because if he was going to fire him - he would have fired him last offseason...

Won't change my opinion I think Telesco has done a lousy job - but hey, he plays nice with John Boy

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

...meaning getting a new GM now equates to Staley and all his coaching selections are gone. ...meaning we'll end up back to throwing darts on the DC/OC coordinator board again.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

All coaches are year-to-year, only their contracts are guaranteed. But I think this is the first time someone has even suggested that Staley's tenure is explicitly linked to Telesco's fate. So far Staley has been head and shoulders better than the other coaches hired in the last cycle (but he also had the best material to start with), so unless he doesn't get deathly ill, or there is a new owner, he's good until at least year 3, and at least a year beyond a new GM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

All coaches are year-to-year, only their contracts are guaranteed. But I think this is the first time someone has even suggested that Staley's tenure is explicitly linked to Telesco's fate. So far Staley has been head and shoulders better than the other coaches hired in the last cycle (but he also had the best material to start with), so unless he doesn't get deathly ill, or there is a new owner, he's good until at least year 3, and at least a year beyond a new GM.
                    I think this is spot on Bolt. Now, I don't think Telesco is getting fired. But I also think a new GM if Telesco were fired would see Staley and think, that guy is a young coach on the rise, the QB is in place - just a matter of getting better, healthier, and more consistent talent than what Telesco has been able to do.

Comment

• Bolts318
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

As the well traveled defensive lineman Michael Bennet said on "Undisputed" a few years back-"Only about 7 or 8 teams are really interested in winning a Super Bowl, all the rest are in it for the money." Which group is Spanos in? Somewhere in the mix is money. It may just cost Spanos too much $$ to fire and rehire.

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think this is spot on Bolt. Now, I don't think Telesco is getting fired. But I also think a new GM if Telesco were fired would see Staley and think, that guy is a young coach on the rise, the QB is in place - just a matter of getting better, healthier, and more consistent talent than what Telesco has been able to do.
                        That would be correct... this GM bring his own HC thing its no sense with Staley being the current HC,although unproven he has a lot of potential.
                        Last edited by foreigner; 12-09-2021, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

That would be correct... this GM bring his own HC thing its no sense with Staley being the current HC,although unproven he has a lot of potential.
                          Not that its going to happen but if the Chargers hired a new GM and they fired STaley - I could see a team firing their coach to hire him - he would be a hot commodity and not out of work for very long.

Now if Telesco is fired - he would be lucky to find an Asst GM job at this point based on his track record with the Chargers. Maybe Lead Scout

Comment

Working...
                          X