Telesco Needs To Be Relieved Of Duties..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Ya, but when does Staley’s seat start warming up some? Granted, It’s the same seat TT is making warmer and warmer, but TT is Spanos’ man. The one key factor in a possible divorce is Justin Herbert. It’s worrisome they might not want him to fall on his sword for awhile. That’s been the Spanos’ MO for quite some time now.
    LOL, he is in his first season dude WTF you talking about his seat getting warm already.

Comment

• UglyTruth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2018
      • Send PM

Telesco has been here for 9 years and 9 fucking years he has failed to win the AFC West division despite having elite QB play at the position.

Seriously, fuck this bitch. He wasted last few yrs of Rivers prime and now doing the same with Herbert’s start of his career. I wish I could run into Telesco when I’m in LA, mannnnn I really wish I could.

Not a damn person anywhere else in the world can be this awful at their job and still get to keep it. Great example of white privilege among many other things. If you watch any interview of his, he comes off as a total prick too that acts like he’s the shit even though he hasn’t won jack shit his whole life.

The only thing worse than Telesco are his idiotic fanboys.

The fucking data speaks for itself. The worst record for all active GMs with a tenure as long or longer. 6th worst winning percentage among overall active GMs in general.
      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

The Chargers haven't had a special teams unit get out of the bottom 10 since the first two years when Telesco took over AJ Smith's roster.

Special Teams ranking per DVOA of the last 15 years

2021: 31st

2020: 32nd

2019: 32nd

2018: 25th

2017: 31st

2016: 29th

2015: 31st

2014: 23rd

2013: 15th <- 8 seasons under Telesco

2012: 8th

2011: 23rd

2010: 32nd

2009: 16th

2008: 12th

2007: 5th

2006: 3rd

2005: 16th <- 8 seasons under AJ Smith

Our depth has been a problem for years. Telesco’s top heavy teams are a big problem.
        - from Chargers reddit

Seriously when the fuck will some of you wake up?
        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
          Telesco has been here for 9 years and 9 fucking years he has failed to win the AFC West division despite having elite QB play at the position.

Seriously, fuck this bitch. He wasted last few yrs of Rivers prime and now doing the same with Herbert’s start of his career. I wish I could run into Telesco when I’m in LA, mannnnn I really wish I could.

Not a damn person anywhere else in the world can be this awful at their job and still get to keep it. Great example of white privilege among many other things. If you watch any interview of his, he comes off as a total prick too that acts like he’s the shit even though he hasn’t won jack shit his whole life.

The fucking data speaks for itself. The worst record for all active GMs with a tenure as long or longer. 6th worst winning percentage among overall active GMs in general.
          I don't wish him ill will. I think he has worked hard - at least hope so. I would hope he has cared about the product he has put on the field. That said

Andy Reid has kicked this guys a** for 6 straight years and before that it was Denver

I don't care if John Boy is still in the room with another hire - Telesco is just not a good GM. 9 years in the league - and he still hasn't figured out the type of players needed to build a roster. I don't care that he has drafted Herbert and Bosa and Slater and Allen. Its the overall record that matters.

Chris Ballard - from the Andy Reid tree - has done a great job in Indy. Enough with the Polian tree - get somebody new in that building that might have a clue how to build a roster from top to bottom.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Telesco isn't going anywhere next season: the Spanos have a comfort level with him.
            He has been, at best, a mediocre GM over his tenure...there are quite a few worse and the Spanos are quite capable of finding one of those.

He'll get one more year to work with Stanley's coaching staff to put together the roster.
            Grin and bare it.

The irony is that he actually had one of his few good off seasons last year - the cup boards were that bare.
            Is his back against the wall? It should be, but I couldn't say. Last GM with his back against the wall
            spent like a drunken sailor in free agency.

Remember when Telesco tried to sign the spent Andre Johnson to a huge contract?
            Telesco's worst aspect is his tunnel vision - Johnson being a Colt nemesis all those years.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

I highlighted the part of your post that wasn't asinine,

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                Telesco isn't going anywhere next season: the Spanos have a comfort level with him.
                He has been, at best, a mediocre GM over his tenure...there are quite a few worse and the Spanos are quite capable of finding one of those.

He'll get one more year to work with Stanley's coaching staff to put together the roster.
                Grin and bare it.

The irony is that he actually had one of his few good off seasons last year - the cup boards were that bare.
                Is his back against the wall? It should be, but I couldn't say. Last GM with his back against the wall
                spent like a drunken sailor in free agency.

Remember when Telesco tried to sign the spent Andre Johnson to a huge contract?
                Telesco's worst aspect is his tunnel vision - Johnson being a Colt nemesis all those years.
                I know you are correct in thinking Telesco will be given one more year

My only hope is that Staley has a better understanding of what the roster needs and is a better partner for Telesco than McCoy and Lynn were. He did have a good 2021 offseason. I thought free agency was good and it looks like the draft is pretty solid when you look at Slater, Samuel, McKitty Palmer, Niemann on ST, the UDFA class with Amen O. That is where he has failed. Too many of those draft classes that should be the core of the team were not

But he has the cap space and draft picks to build the roster. He just cannot get a hard on and trade up for "Kenneth Murray" again.

Comment

• CTrout
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

But he has the cap space and draft picks to build the roster. He just cannot get a hard on and trade up for "Kenneth Murray" again.
                  I believe it was reported that Lynn was the one who pushed for Murray.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post

I believe it was reported that Lynn was the one who pushed for Murray.
                    I get that - but Telesco still made the draft and gave up a 3rd round pick to get a guy. I am not even going to mention they could have had Taylor and Diggs. But they could have kept their picks and drafted somebody who is giving them what Murray is giving them and still had another pick.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I get that - but Telesco still made the draft and gave up a 3rd round pick to get a guy. I am not even going to mention they could have had Taylor and Diggs. But they could have kept their picks and drafted somebody who is giving them what Murray is giving them and still had another pick.
                      All this turned out to be true and with the help of hindsight it looks like a really bad decision. But at the time the coach REALLY wanted this guy so the GM went and got him. If he had turned out like envisioned it would have been a good pick. But it did not and TT now has another black mark against him. Perhaps Murray is just really slow to pick things up and eventually gets there but I have little hope of that.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Telesco track record of building the roster.
                        What would you grade him in these areas?

Special Teams?

Offensive Line?

Defense?

Depth?

Skill Players?

Free agency, others?

Free agency, own?

Draft?

I don't see any area where I would say he gets an A.
                        The best I would give him is a B for skills players with Herbert, Allen, Williams, Ekeler and even Henry and Gordon. So i trust he can get me some skills players.

Special teams is a D- and Hopkins and Roberts are the only reason it isn't an F.

Offensive line is a C-. I give him credit for trying but the results have been mostly poor.

Defense is a C. They had 2 good top 10 defenses in 2017 and 2018. And what those defenses had that really worked was a great #1 CB in his prime Hayward. And edge rushers Bosa, Ingram and run stuffer Mebane on the DL. In 2017 both Bosa and Ingram had double digit sacks. In 2018 Derwin was added and the team went 12-4. Other than these 2 seasons Telesco built defenses have been avg or poor.

Depth. Have to give him a D. Typical good depth will mean better special teams and his special teams have been awful.
                        The RB room should always be stacked IMO, and it has been thin last couple seasons. Secondary and edge rushers being so key in modern NFL should be the area where you just keep stacking talent. You can never have enough good corners.

Free agency, others. I give him a C here. He has found a few very good starters and didn't break the bank to get them like Hayward and Linsley.

Free agency, own. I give him a C as I think a couple of players that develop into solid starters were not retained that could have been resigned and it created holes to patch up and a feeling of 1 step forward 1 step back and you are going nowhere.

Draft, I give him a C. I think his trade ups have not proven to be worth it. And his reaches have failed, which isn't surprising....there's a reason the consensus view is wow that's a reach, he was a 5-7 udfa player, but Telesco spent the 3rd Rd pick. Drafting the player 2 rds higher than consensus rank.

Telesco overall cumulative grade: C
                        The man is an average GM and the Chargers have also been average during his tenure.

You want really change in the product, you need to buy better ingredients. None of your cooks can elevate some of the garbage you have been giving them. Yet some of your cooks show #1 dishes when cooking at other restaurants with better ingredients. So we know they can cook really well.
                        What we haven't seen is the GM shopping usually brings back the best cuts of meat. There have been some very tough and gamey groceries that the cooks are struggling to spice up into a winner.

And I keep going back to the restaurant thinking maybe today the special will be fantastic. And once in a blue moon it is. But normally it's just ok at best. It will feed you, but you won't recommend it to anyone that loves food.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

All this turned out to be true and with the help of hindsight it looks like a really bad decision. But at the time the coach REALLY wanted this guy so the GM went and got him. If he had turned out like envisioned it would have been a good pick. But it did not and TT now has another black mark against him. Perhaps Murray is just really slow to pick things up and eventually gets there but I have little hope of that.
                          About the best they can hope from Murray is another offseason in the system would help him. If there is a trade market for him -- like a 2023 conditional pick that gets better if he plays a certain number of snaps - might be the only way to get value for him

As yes, Lynn was banging the table for the guy but utlimately, Telesco made the trade. And sure if it worked out - great. But with Telesco - the overall record under .500 and the zero division titles are his legacy.

Comment

Working...
                          X