Telesco Needs To Be Relieved Of Duties..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
    I don't know if this video has been posted but I'm still a believer in Staley because there are signs of intelligence there and he wasn't handed a full deck of players on the oline and dline. If there was a new GM his first requirement would be is can he work with Staley cause he's gonna stay for at least two more seasons.

:beer:

I like Staley - he needs better talent. And even if Telesco is GM - STaley will have a MUCH better idea of the player he wants for the team to "suggest" to Telesco

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I like Staley - he needs better talent. And even if Telesco is GM - STaley will have a MUCH better idea of the player he wants for the team to "suggest" to Telesco
      If TT wants to keep his job, he better take most of Staley's recommendations...reportedly TT gave up a 3rd rounder and 2nd rounder to move up and draft Murray because Lynn was banging the table for him...and this is a move I DON'T agree with...don't like trading up...never have...

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

generally drafted well
        looks at overall record well under .500
        nonsensical review of Telesco

all that matters is record
        He is 17th in the league in winning percentage, so that puts him squarely in the middle of the pack. Not the disaster he is made out, but certainly nothing exceptional.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If TT wants to keep his job, he better take most of Staley's recommendations...reportedly TT gave up a 3rd rounder and 2nd rounder to move up and draft Murray because Lynn was banging the table for him...and this is a move I DON'T agree with...don't like trading up...never have...
          So what if Staley wants to trade up to grab a player he likes?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He is 17th in the league in winning percentage, so that puts him squarely in the middle of the pack. Not the disaster he is made out, but certainly nothing exceptional.
            At least 5 of those losses are on Lynn with terrible STs coaching, wasting timeouts and kickers that Lynn cut that did well elsewhere. Hec even Badgely is doing good in Indy but Staley cut him for Viz so.......that isnt good either.

But you can say Telesco hired him ......when really it was probably JohnBoy who hired him.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

So what if Staley wants to trade up to grab a player he likes?
              If Staley wants to give up a 5th, 6th or 7th rounder to move up, I'd be open to that, since we have a lot of extra day 3 picks this year; however, I HATE giving up a 3rd rounder to trade up...this is a player that has potential to be a starter...that 3rd rounder we threw away to move up for Murray could have been used to bolster our O or D line...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The thing with Telesco and trading up - he is oh for 3 really in my view as none of the players got a second contract with the Chargers. Murray is tbd

And I am fine if Telesco trades up. But he has never traded back. Just like at the trade deadline, he has traded players away, but never traded for players. Its almost like he has blinders on. I know he doesn't. I know he is doing his best, working his hardest and has the best intentions - but the results are the results.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

The thing with Telesco and trading up - he is oh for 3 really in my view as none of the players got a second contract with the Chargers. Murray is tbd

And I am fine if Telesco trades up. But he has never traded back. Just like at the trade deadline, he has traded players away, but never traded for players. Its almost like he has blinders on. I know he doesn't. I know he is doing his best, working his hardest and has the best intentions - but the results are the results.
                  Actually they offered Gordon a second contract but he turned it down wanting Elliot money so thats not on Telesco. Id have taken him back at a lower price and he got less than what we offered him.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                    I don't know if this video has been posted but I'm still a believer in Staley because there are signs of intelligence there and he wasn't handed a full deck of players on the oline and dline. If there was a new GM his first requirement would be is can he work with Staley cause he's gonna stay for at least two more seasons.

:beer:

I don't think he's wrong when he says that Tillery is one of his best players on defense. But Staley needs to recognize Tillery is better in pass rush situations and not expose him so much to his weakness in run stopping. And he oughta consider watching the snap count of the DL more, and not overwork guys. The defense will be better when BS learns this.

BS has a good explanation for Jaimes. But I'm not clear on if he wants him to be settled on guard, or he will use him at both the guard and tackle positions.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I don't think he's wrong when he says that Tillery is one of his best players on defense. But Staley needs to recognize Tillery is better in pass rush situations and not expose him so much to his weakness in run stopping. And he oughta consider watching the snap count of the DL more, and not overwork guys. The defense will be better when BS learns this.

BS has a good explanation for Jaimes. But I'm not clear on if he wants him to be settled on guard, or he will use him at both the guard and tackle positions.
                      Just tells me we need more talent on that side of the ball.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

haven't read/been following this thread, but did post this in the game day/post game discussion thread.... guess I'd be leaning to promote him to work directly w/young John and to get us a new GM ??

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        know this post is gonna get lost in the shuffle, and.... didn't finish up my thoughts 'bout Telesco, as the plenty of you had plenty to say 'bout him before the start of this game.

is he a problem ?? is he the problem ?? suspect the answer is no on both accounts.

could we do better ?? would we stand to benefit from a GM w/more of a scout's eye and someone who makes a habit of overriding his staff, just coz he "knows" better ?? ....maybe.

have suggested in the past for him to hire an Asst. GM, or that he be promoted to be John's Asst. Director (of Football Operations) or something of the sort, and.... maybe that would be a good idea/solution.... dunno/not sure ??

have said before, and will suggest it again, as think the "problem" is the dead weight in the scouting department that he inherited from the AJ era, and of whom which young John Spanos, and for some reason or another, is hesitant to move on from.... Telesco needs his own staff, or....

if we were to promote Tom and bring in someone like DJ (as in Jeremiah) as GM, or as Asst. GM, then he orchestrates the makeover of our scouting department.

my suspicion and personal opinion is that Major Tom operates almost solely on the directive of his boss, young John Spanos, and that's on top of directives he gets from his HC and staff.... that's just the kind of guy that Telesco is.... he is a "general" manager, and one who was most welcome given his candid and even keeled ways.... post AJ.

don't think Tom is going anywhere soon, and 'specially not on the heels of bringing in Herbert.... (even though he was quoted as saying he woulda drafted Tua....

also want to add that don't think it's all on the D, as TOP (time of possession) and lack of sustained drives has been a killer of late, and....

just want to point out to those of you that think our D is B rate, that we have had Joey and Derwin all season.... it's a team game, and why it's called team defense.

really looking forward to see how we approach this next offseason, and to see if team Tommy John can shift mindsets, and get this team thinking about what it would take to be considered the best team in the league.... aka SB champs ?? !!
                        ps. reading over my post, want to add that my sense is that our "mindset" has been more one of filling out the roster, rather than really pinning our ears back and aiming to fill out our trophy case (it's empty right ??
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                          haven't read/been following this thread, but did post this in the game day/post game discussion thread.... guess I'd be leaning to promote him to work directly w/young John and to get us a new GM ??

ps. reading over my post, want to add that my sense is that our "mindset" has been more one of filling out the roster, rather than really pinning our ears back and aiming to fill out our trophy case (it's empty right ??
                          The poster is talking about a GM with more of a scouts eye. My question is if he is even familiar with our GM's scouting background?

Thinking that Daniel Jeremiah has more scouting chops than Tom Tolesco is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                          X