• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trumpet Man
    Dea Spanos my HERO
    • Dec 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You’re right. In America, anyone can sue for anything. I could sue the NFL for the trauma of having witnessed a guy essentially dying and being revived on the field when my expectation was to sit and be entertained by a good football game for 3 hours. I wouldn’t win but I could sue
    My insurance carrier encouraged me to sue my client when I was attacked by a pregnant bear under a house a few years ago. I said what ? I was not injured. Scared shitless but not injured. You can't make this stuff up. Another asshole who found bats in his attic thought it was my fault and I am doing a structural foundation analysis. Judge called it "The Bats in the Belfry case" in San Diego Superior Court. I won and lost that case with the results in a confidential arbitration. Who the F in their right minds sue over bats in an attic outside a scope of work ? So yes I am a bit jaded - granted. Some say (warped)

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

My insurance carrier encouraged me to sue my client when I was attacked by a pregnant bear under a house a few years ago. I said what ? I was not injured. Scared shitless but not injured. You can't make this stuff up. Another asshole who found bats in his attic thought it was my fault and I am doing a structural foundation analysis. Judge called it "The Bats in the Belfry case" in San Diego Superior Court. I won and lost that case with the results in a confidential arbitration. Who the F in their right minds sue over bats in an attic outside a scope of work ? So yes I am a bit jaded - granted. Some say (warped)
      Won and lost?

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

I am reasonably assured any disbursements for a precedent setting event with all the social media exposures will require a vote of ownership despite a petty cash fund for lack of a better phrase or a "line item" designation.

The rich do not grant carte blanche spending when millions are involved or leave that decision to Lord Goodell unilaterally. I just don't think the NFL works that way with owners personal pocketbooks.
        Somebody gonna sue you for clogging up this forum with attention seeking useless posts if you don’t tone it down.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
          Dea Spanos my HERO
          • Dec 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Won and lost?
          Without violating confidentiality rules, I did not get what I expected nor did the person suing me. Let's says the scale was heavily tilted in my favor. That is what I mean by win and lose.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
            Dea Spanos my HERO
            • Dec 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Somebody gonna sue you for clogging up this forum with attention seeking useless posts if you don’t tone it down.
            The site owner has already spoken to me and warned me about the rules.

Some forums have an ignore feature that is useful. Might I suggest using that feature if available ?

BTFU

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Hell I don't want to sue anyone BUT I can see where a pandora's box for all sorts of lawsuits. Maybe I just spent too much time having guns pulled in my office by crazier shit and lawsuits has jaded my faith in mankind. It's not the fact they are not donating anything - yet - it is the shade on the whole process. If fans can muster up $5 million for Hamlin Children's fund drive - where is the NFL ?
              I have been witness to batshit crazy lawsuits to the tune of a Billion dollars with former employers.
              Can’t you get them to put the charitable contribution at the back door?
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

I am reasonably assured any disbursements for a precedent setting event with all the social media exposures will require a vote of ownership despite a petty cash fund for lack of a better phrase or a "line item" designation.

The rich do not grant carte blanche spending when millions are involved or leave that decision to Lord Goodell unilaterally. I just don't think the NFL works that way with owners personal pocketbooks.
                One or two million kicked over to his kid toy charity is petty cash in the NFL and no owner is going to stand up and say shit about it. Owners won;’t even give a fuck, with all the charity and social work $$ NFL league office throws around. They spend millions on every game every week just on equity commercials. You got the Play 60, the Girls Football programs, on and on - trust me - they got a slushy slush fund. Nobody is going to worry that giving toys to kids is a precedent. You are imagining back doors again.

hey, did they ever build that bullet train to your door? Yeah, right.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                  Dea Spanos my HERO
                  • Dec 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

One or two million kicked over to his kid toy charity is petty cash in the NFL and no owner is going to stand up and say shit about it. Owners won;’t even give a fuck, with all the charity and social work $$ NFL league office throws around. They spend millions on every game every week just on equity commercials. You got the Play 60, the Girls Football programs, on and on - trust me - they got a slushy slush fund. Nobody is going to worry that giving toys to kids is a precedent. You are imagining back doors again.

hey, did they ever build that bullet train to your door? Yeah, right.
                  You obviously never worked with multi millionaires and see how they think on a daily basis. I have and twice for almost 20 years.

Don't kid yourself. The NFL Foundation knows to the freaking penny what is spent.

It's the owners money which is NOT to be spent like a drunken sailor with a million here and there.

There is also a reason when the NFL owner's vote it is NOT a majority vote (50%+1).

It is a 75% vote threshold for passage or 24 owners out of 32 MUST approve changes.

Spanos could not even keep the porta-potties cleaned for the games.

Dean is getting sued by sister Dea Spanos and ugly claims the Chargers / Spanos family are not meeting their charitable obligations. C'mon man ? You really believe what you posted ?

Dea Spanos has since cooled her jets in the litigation. I suspect Dean presented a buyout plan to shut her the fuck up. Its the only thing that makes immediate sense.

Millions in debt. Inability to pay off charitable obligations. Breaches of fiduciary duty. Aggressive Misogyny. A private jet to get a haircut. It’s all alleged in a lawsuit filed this week against Dean Spanos that could tip the balance of power in the Spanos family and, almost certainly, usher in the sale of the National Football League’s Chargers. The filing…

"Millions in debt. Inability to pay off charitable obligations. Breaches of fiduciary duty. Aggressive Misogyny. A private jet to get a haircut.

It’s all alleged in a lawsuit filed this week against Dean Spanos that could tip the balance of power in the Spanos family and, almost certainly, usher in the sale of the National Football League’s Chargers.

The filing was made this week in San Joaquin County Super Court by Dea Spanos Berberian, Dean’s sister. Berberian is trying to make the case that Dean has put the family trust in such deep financial trouble that he should be removed as co-trustee, giving her lone control of the trust."

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

You obviously never worked with multi millionaires and see how they think on a daily basis. I have and twice for almost 20 years.

Don't kid yourself. The NFL Foundation knows to the freaking penny what is spent.

It's the owners money which is NOT to be spent like a drunken sailor with a million here and there.

There is also a reason when the NFL owner's vote it is NOT a majority vote (50%+1).

It is a 75% vote threshold for passage or 24 owners out of 32 MUST approve changes.

Spanos could not even keep the porta-potties cleaned for the games.

Dean is getting sued by sister Dea Spanos and ugly claims the Chargers / Spanos family are not meeting their charitable obligations. C'mon man ? You really believe what you posted ?

Dea Spanos has since cooled her jets in the litigation. I suspect Dean presented a buyout plan to shut her the fuck up. Its the only thing that makes immediate sense.

Millions in debt. Inability to pay off charitable obligations. Breaches of fiduciary duty. Aggressive Misogyny. A private jet to get a haircut. It’s all alleged in a lawsuit filed this week against Dean Spanos that could tip the balance of power in the Spanos family and, almost certainly, usher in the sale of the National Football League’s Chargers. The filing…

"Millions in debt. Inability to pay off charitable obligations. Breaches of fiduciary duty. Aggressive Misogyny. A private jet to get a haircut.

It’s all alleged in a lawsuit filed this week against Dean Spanos that could tip the balance of power in the Spanos family and, almost certainly, usher in the sale of the National Football League’s Chargers.

The filing was made this week in San Joaquin County Super Court by Dea Spanos Berberian, Dean’s sister. Berberian is trying to make the case that Dean has put the family trust in such deep financial trouble that he should be removed as co-trustee, giving her lone control of the trust."

Sweet!!!!

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                      Dea Spanos my HERO
                      • Dec 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Can’t you get them to put the charitable contribution at the back door?
                      LMFAO - The back door still is viable but it will be the next CBA for league expansion to happen. I missed it by one CBA cycle (Nostradamus can not hold a candle to this plan).

The New Jack Murphy stadium (Fuck SnapDragon) was built for future NFL expansion to satisfy Super Bowl seating.

Now we need a deep pockets owner to buy the Chargers (root for Dea Spanos to sue the shit out of Dean).

New owner moves the team back to San Diego with relocation fees.

New owner busts out $1/2 billion to finish out the new crib or the approximate cost to build the stadium out.

And guess what ?

The new owner of the Chargers will have to spend only $1/2 billion to get a relatively new stadium (yes new buyer spends $4 billion to buy the team - chump change - right ?). What are new stadiums going for these days ? $1 or $2 billion ? Kroenke spent $4 maybe $5 billion ?

Everyone sees the writing on the wall. The league is primed for expansion to add at least 4 more teams.

The NFL owners smell more money & are the greediest bastards on the face of the Earth. As an aside, Hamlins kids for toys are still waiting for that chump change slushie fund you mentioned. Ouch. That will leave a mark.

London, Mexico, Canada, Germany, China (yes China) are vying for a spot at the NFL's pork fest.

My prediction for expansion ?

London, Mexico, Los Angeles (two team stadium), San Francisco (Two team stadium)

Chargers move back to San Diego where they belong.

Everyone lives happily thereafter.

The End.

Story time has concluded. PayPal accepted.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Hell I don't want to sue anyone BUT I can see where a pandora's box for all sorts of lawsuits. Maybe I just spent too much time having guns pulled in my office by crazier shit and lawsuits has jaded my faith in mankind. It's not the fact they are not donating anything - yet - it is the shade on the whole process. If fans can muster up $5 million for Hamlin Children's fund drive - where is the NFL ?
                        I have been witness to batshit crazy lawsuits to the tune of a Billion dollars with former employers.
                        It's not just fans. Players , former players are donating and Colts owner Jim Irsay has been the biggest contributer to it.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

I'm still scratching my head over how the NFL contributing to a charity has anything to do with somehow being liable for negligence in this case...

Comment

Working...
                          X