• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

When I say change their spending - I still think it has to be strategic and the right players. Spending to spend hasn't won many teams very much. Plus I think the team needs to be MUCH closer to winning than they are now.

I am excited to see what Staley does though -- meaning not just talking to the media - but really coaching games.
    We'll be over .500 winners.
    SB winners ? TBD
    The #1 thing separating us from a SB is 7 months.
    Right now, it's hard to say with 0, that's NO playing record for the '21 LAC.
    WE will be a different team, very probably in a good way. How good? To be determined.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We'll be over .500 winners.
      SB winners ? TBD
      The #1 thing separating us from a SB is 7 months.
      Right now, it's hard to say with 0, that's NO playing record for the '21 LAC.
      WE will be a different team, very probably in a good way. How good? To be determined.
      I am bullish on this team - as I am most years - until I see otherwise. Staley, new coaches, upgraded OL, Herbert with a year under his belt and an offseason, hopefully Derwin James stays healthy. I like the team a lot on paper - today.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Ingram to the Steelers

I would think the next 7-10 days, many veterans will be signing to get paid something for the season.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

I am bullish on this team - as I am most years - until I see otherwise. Staley, new coaches, upgraded OL, Herbert with a year under his belt and an offseason, hopefully Derwin James stays healthy. I like the team a lot on paper - today.

I am bullish on this year's edition of the Bolts but it's hard to know if they have moved into the playoff picture because all the teams that finished ahead. All of them have also been working to improve.
            We're fond of saying "this team is loaded" but what about the Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, and Tenn.? It's really hard to predict what will happen until we've seen some games played. For the Bolts, the first three games should tell us a lot. If they win those, our expectations will rise!
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I'm glad for Mel getting a contract, but he wasn't a guy to save a roster spot for.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

When I say change their spending - I still think it has to be strategic and the right players. Spending to spend hasn't won many teams very much. Plus I think the team needs to be MUCH closer to winning than they are now.

I am excited to see what Staley does though -- meaning not just talking to the media - but really coaching games.
                What???? They're not close to winning right now?
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  The Melvin Ingram I think a lot of saw last year seemed to be a non-factor. I think his sack total was zero. I know he was also injured. Reading NFL related writers/analysts on twitter many seem to think the player being signed is still in the prime of their career. Unless SupaMel loses - I think easily 15 pounds and gets quicker - well, we saw how he was last year and he didn't get younger this offseason.

One person on twitter wrote "Now the Steelers have TJ Watt and Melvin Ingram as Edge Rushers"

I responded - last year the Chargers had Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram as Edge Rushers. Point being, this may not be the upgrade you think it is.

I think the Steelers actually have a younger guy ready - forget his name now.

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

The only possible reason to not try to win now is if you're worried Herbert is a one year wonder.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      I'm glad for Mel getting a contract, but he wasn't a guy to save a roster spot for.
                      Yeh. I don't have anything against him, but he's been on the decline for years and you don't get less dinged up as you get older. Wish him well, but it doesn't bother me that he won't be in bolts anymore.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Yeh. I don't have anything against him, but he's been on the decline for years and you don't get less dinged up as you get older. Wish him well, but it doesn't bother me that he won't be in bolts anymore.
                        SupaMel has been 1 of my favorite Bolts of the past 10ish years.
                        It is time for him to move on now though. $ vs. results are not in balance anymore. Whatever the $ he got from Pitt, I hope he fleeces them.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

The Melvin Ingram I think a lot of saw last year seemed to be a non-factor. I think his sack total was zero. I know he was also injured. Reading NFL related writers/analysts on twitter many seem to think the player being signed is still in the prime of their career. Unless SupaMel loses - I think easily 15 pounds and gets quicker - well, we saw how he was last year and he didn't get younger this offseason.

One person on twitter wrote "Now the Steelers have TJ Watt and Melvin Ingram as Edge Rushers"

I responded - last year the Chargers had Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram as Edge Rushers. Point being, this may not be the upgrade you think it is.

I think the Steelers actually have a younger guy ready - forget his name now.
                          According to my steeler fan base they expect him to spell Highsmith. Id rather replace his sack total from the interior spot. But we are implementing a totally new D. If they havnt brought in a guy during the initial install of the D....i doubt we are looking at anyone from FA. My guess is the cap space thats available after the rookie pool is used up....is saved to cover our butts in the event we lose a guy in camp. I think Free Agents are holding off for that reason. Across the league teams lose big names in camp really pretty often.

Comment

Working...
                          X