Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    Good digging Velo. I kind of agree but I seem to recall that he missed some games (I think it was in his Soph. year) because he got hurt running the ball. I have kind of mixed emotions about the idea. He can run alright but I'm not sure it's smart, if he goes down we won't have nearly as good an offense.
    Broke his collarbone Sophomore year on a goal line carry (He was in) on a late hit. Missed the rest of the season. Oregon did stop calling as many runs for him the following season and didn’t have any real designed runs for him his senior season until the pac-12 championship game and rose bowl where he obviously had a lot of success running the ball.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
        It's funny how they put Josh Allen in elite status and he's had one good year.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Herbert doesn’t need the pressure. Just let him be who he is.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• PR#1
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I'm thinking the Bills regress this year

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

I'm thinking the Bills regress this year
              I’m thinking Josh Allen finally figured some things out about the NFL and he’s on the way now. He’s always had the tools. Regressionists are projectionists, imo, no underlying basis to the belief.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Maybe they should have a "Probationary Elite Status" category...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m thinking Josh Allen finally figured some things out about the NFL and he’s on the way now. He’s always had the tools. Regressionists are projectionists, imo, no underlying basis to the belief.
                  Justin Herbert was considered a slightly better prospect that Josh Allen was. It's amazing how similar they are.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Justin Herbert was considered a slightly better prospect that Josh Allen was. It's amazing how similar they are.
                    Herbert is the better passer and is a passer first......Allen will run immediately if there is an opening..... Allen is a run first QB.... and because of that his passing is less consistent... Allen will make difficult throws then miss a simple short one or not see a wide open guy waving his arms.... Herbert i think is smarter.... and he appears to be better under pressure......

but they are similar physically in that both are big and strong and can run and both might have strongest arms in NFL....

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Herbert is the better passer and is a passer first......Allen will run immediately if there is an opening..... Allen is a run first QB.... and because of that his passing is less consistent... Allen will make difficult throws then miss a simple short one or not see a wide open guy waving his arms.... Herbert i think is smarter.... and he appears to be better under pressure......

but they are similar physically in that both are big and strong and can run and both might have strongest arms in NFL....
                      I think Herbert’s ceiling for the mental side/processing the field is much higher than than Allen’s. Their physical gifts are about the same.

Plus, Herbert didn’t run the 40 looking like Dwight’s cousin, Mose, from The Office.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Josh Allen isn’t Herbie-good, he’s more your garden variety elite . I don’t know he’s truly elite, actually but if I’m betting, I’ll bet last year’s performance is the best predictor, not his early start troubles when he didn’t yet know how to play NFL football. He has skills, he was more plagued by sloppy and reckless. He got away with it vs MWC scrubs, can’t get away with that vs elite NFL defensive squads.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Josh Allen isn’t Herbie-good, he’s more your garden variety elite . I don’t know he’s truly elite, actually but if I’m betting, I’ll bet last year’s performance is the best predictor, not his early start troubles when he didn’t yet know how to play NFL football. He has skills, he was more plagued by sloppy and reckless. He got away with it vs MWC scrubs, can’t get away with that vs elite NFL defensive squads.
                          I see Herbert and Allen as equally talented, physically. But I agree with you-- Herb shows something that Allen doesn't. He has a degree of composure that is mindblowing. And Herb almost NEVER makes the same mistake twice.

Comment

Working...
                          X