• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Parham has a chance to become a valuable receiving weapon.
    Draft Charlie Kolar in 2022 and we’ll be solid with Kolar, Parham, McKitty as the future at TE. With all on rookie deals they won’t kill our Cap space.
    Like Kolar a lot, too. Thought he would’ve been a R3-R4 TE if he’d come out this year.

Cade Otton (UW) and Erick All (Mich) are my other 2 guys that present good value. Wydermyer is the obvious one, but I think he’s a little overrated.

Parham has all the potential in the world as a vertical threat (dare I say Jared Cook archetype?)TE. Would love to see him take a step forward as a blocker, but not sure he’s got the heft.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Like Kolar a lot, too. Thought he would’ve been a R3-R4 TE if he’d come out this year.

Cade Otton (UW) and Erick All (Mich) are my other 2 guys that present good value. Wydermyer is the obvious one, but I think he’s a little overrated.

Parham has all the potential in the world as a vertical threat (dare I say Jared Cook archetype?)TE. Would love to see him take a step forward as a blocker, but not sure he’s got the heft.
      He also has the height that separates him from every other TE in the league.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

He also has the height that separates him from every other TE in the league.
        Absolutely.

With all his focus on matchups, I hope Staley can find a way to isolate Parham (6’8) on Tyriann Matthieu (5’9) at some point this year.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Parham also has 35.5" arms and a 38.5" vertical. Needs pracrice attacking the ball at the high point, but that can be practiced.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

All great points above.
            I’ll be shocked if Parham isn’t given every opportunity to makes plays this season.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Don’t run a play that the D is taking away. Simple. Attack weaknesses not strengths.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Don’t run a play that the D is taking away. Simple. Attack weaknesses not strengths.
                Yep...Staley is all over that strategy...has spoken about matchups and creating mismatches...seems a lot more cerebral than "Mr. Run It Up The Gut...Again."

Comment

• Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I read the mix was 40% run, 60% pass. If we ran 53% of the time, I agree with you. But, 40/60 falls in line with what most successful teams do. Even Air Coryell mixed in many runs and you may recall that Don always had a good #1 RB as well as a good third down back.

I love watching Herbert throw and I sure love the big gains but if you can't run and everyone knows it, you won't be successful passing it all the time.
                  We ran 53% of the time on first down. Because we were a terrible running team, this put us constantly behind the sticks with defenses loading up against the pass. So, although we were 60/40 pass versus run overall, it was not an ideal mix as the passing was in known passing situations on too many occasions.

Also, Chuck Muncie was a traditional #1 RB that could handle a large workload. As strong as he is, Ekeler is just too small to be a 250+ carry RB.

This year, assuming we have some semblance of run blocking, I would like to see us a little north of 60% passing. Last year, I wanted 2-1 (67/33) because we could not run at all. I think something like 62/38 would be just about right if we have average run blocking. Herbert is the ticket all the way.

It is time to show that contrary to popular opinion, we actually have the best QB in the division. In case anyone missed it, that chump in KC couldn't do anything (even with the best TE and arguably best WR) when he was under pressure in the Super Bowl. Under pressure was Herbert's standard operating situation last year.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Absolutely.

With all his focus on matchups, I hope Staley can find a way to isolate Parham (6’8) on Tyriann Matthieu (5’9) at some point this year.
                    I like that matchup...also wouldn't mind seeing "Big Cat" McKitty vs. itty-bitty "Honey Badger"...

big cat.jpg

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I like that matchup...also wouldn't mind seeing "Big Cat" McKitty vs. itty-bitty "Honey Badger"...

big cat.jpg
                      From what I read, honey badgers are stupid mean creatures. They go straight for the testicles of larger foes. However, Mr. Hello McKitty would still trample TF outta him on a well-timed, we’ll-executed TE screen.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

From what I read, honey badgers are stupid mean creatures. They go straight for the testicles of larger foes. However, Mr. Hello McKitty would still trample TF outta him on a well-timed, we’ll-executed TE screen.
                        Imagine Cook, Parham, McKitty, KA and Mike Will ALL in there at once...who you gonna cover?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

We have a wide array of receiving talent. They come in all shapes and sizes.

If their weaknesses is shiftiness..
                          We got Ekeler and Keenan.

If their weaknesses is speed..
                          We got Tyron and Guyton.

If their weaknesses is height..
                          We got Mike Dub, Parham, and Cook.

Hopefully, McKitty and Palmer will add dimensions of power and grit.

Comment

Working...
                          X