• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Rivers a TE? I never heard that. You have be able to run to play TE; the Rivers waddle was never going to get that done. I do remember pundits opining that VJ should convert to TE early in his career. VJ was too much of a long strider to succeed as a WR, I remember one pundit saying.
    Watch Rivers' college tape. He had wheels back then. Well Toyota Prius wheels but faster than what we've known lol.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Watch Rivers' college tape. He had wheels back then. Well Toyota Prius wheels but faster than what we've known lol.
      Rivers' 40 time coming out of college was 5.08. When I was a senior in HS I ran a 5.0 40. And btw, I drive a Prius of the newest generation (Gen 4) and I can tell you they are no longer pokey cars. It will out-run a lot of cars on the road today, including my Jeep.

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Rivers' 40 time coming out of college was 5.08. When I was a senior in HS I ran a 5.0 40. And btw, I drive a Prius of the newest generation (Gen 4) and I can tell you they are no longer pokey cars. It will out-run a lot of cars on the road today, including my Jeep.
        Herbert - 4.68
        Velo - 5.0
        Rivers - 5.08
        Brady - 5.28

Velo, you're in good company. Also grinning driving past gas stations and with $X.49 gas prices.

Comment

• BoltBacker
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Las Vegas, NV
          • Send PM

Broncos signed Russel Wilson, what does Herbert trail Wilson in. My first thought, obviously experience, that is ok though because Herbert has youth. The second is that in my view Wilson has great leadership attributes that will bring the Broncos something they are in need of. Herbert is a great guy and teammate but is he developing into a strong leader? Bosa is a strong example of leadership by example. The QB position is different, IMO a great QB has to speak up for the team and part of that is being critical at times. Will Herbert become that guy? It is difficult to get a read on that with his interviews looking like they come directly from a script. The division is getting harder, as GREAT as he's been the status quo will set him back. Here’s hoping his off-season is being dedicated to improving not just on the field stuff, which you know he is doing that, but also the intangibles like leadership.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Herbert - 4.68
            Velo - 5.0
            Rivers - 5.08
            Brady - 5.28

Velo, you're in good company. Also grinning driving past gas stations and with $X.49 gas prices.
            Cool. There's one thing I can say I was better at than Tom Brady. I played WR and CB in high school. There were a few guys on my team who were faster than me. I ran cross-country too, long distance running was my forte, more so than track sprinting.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
              Broncos signed Russel Wilson, what does Herbert trail Wilson in. My first thought, obviously experience, that is ok though because Herbert has youth. The second is that in my view Wilson has great leadership attributes that will bring the Broncos something they are in need of. Herbert is a great guy and teammate but is he developing into a strong leader? Bosa is a strong example of leadership by example. The QB position is different, IMO a great QB has to speak up for the team and part of that is being critical at times. Will Herbert become that guy? It is difficult to get a read on that with his interviews looking like they come directly from a script. The division is getting harder, as GREAT as he's been the status quo will set him back. Here’s hoping his off-season is being dedicated to improving not just on the field stuff, which you know he is doing that, but also the intangibles like leadership.
              I think JH has earned the "leadership by example" mantel... keep up with him, or else. He doesn't have to deal with divas, and the coaches do enough on the sideline. At practice, the leadership is more important though, but I see no complaints... he's still the 'gangsta' to Staley.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

just read on my phone notifications that NFL Network's Kyle Brandt puts Justin 4th in the AFC West! wtF is he smoking? brought up that Herbert isnt even at a .500 record and led the AFC West in INTs last year. Can you believe he actually said Carr is BETTER than Herbert?!!! unBELIEVABLE! Kyle you are an IDIOT!

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                  just read on my phone notifications that NFL Network's Kyle Brandt puts Justin 4th in the AFC West! wtF is he smoking? brought up that Herbert isnt even at a .500 record and led the AFC West in INTs last year. Can you believe he actually said Carr is BETTER than Herbert?!!! unBELIEVABLE! Kyle you are an IDIOT!
                  I like it. Adds fuel to the fire prove people wrong whilst going under the radar before we make our SB run.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

And yet the QB who won the Super Bowl threw more INTs in the regular season than Herbert, who had 15. Derek Carr had one fewer INT than Herbert and Mahomes had two fewer. Big deal.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

You can't have a .500 record now that the league is 17 games. Add Russell Wilson to that. Wilson had one of his worse seasons.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

And yet the QB who won the Super Bowl threw more INTs in the regular season than Herbert, who had 15. Derek Carr had one fewer INT than Herbert and Mahomes had two fewer. Big deal.
                        The real truth is that who's phone would be ringing off the hook if we were to trade Herbert or Raiders trade Carr. I think we know the answer!

:whistlin:
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I think JH has earned the "leadership by example" mantel... keep up with him, or else. He doesn't have to deal with divas, and the coaches do enough on the sideline. At practice, the leadership is more important though, but I see no complaints... he's still the 'gangsta' to Staley.
                          Herbie is a cool, calm leader. He doesn't seem to get ruffled by adversity like PR used to, which then affected his play. Yet, Herbie celebrates with the best of them when there's a TD. Also, Herbie doesn't get caught up in silly taunting penalties or rude Tweets...I think Herbie is a fine leader...

Comment

Working...
                          X