• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    And yet the QB who won the Super Bowl threw more INTs in the regular season than Herbert, who had 15. Derek Carr had one fewer INT than Herbert and Mahomes had two fewer. Big deal.
    It's like saying the Titanic had better deck chairs than the Lusitania...

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

It's like saying the Titanic had better deck chairs than the Lusitania...
      The Titanic sunk in 2 hours 40 minutes. The Lusitania sunk in 20 minutes.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

Open this link (Peter King's MMQB) and scroll down to item #2. There may be some difficulty retaining Herbert after his rookie contract. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

The guarantees in the contract the Browns gave to Deshaun Watson are unprecedented and now may become precedent for future superstar QB contracts. Such guarantees is going to require teams to carry more millions in escrow and the Chargers are a cash poor team. Dean Spanos' sister and her sons already have Dean in court for diverting money from the family trust to cover the cost of operating the Chargers. The trust is not able to cover its other obligations as a result. This could get ugly if the Chargers have to give Herbert huge guarantees in his next contract.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

If they let Herbert go cuz the SpAnus clan is too broke to afford a Good QB then I will officially quit as a fan until they sell the team to an actual legitimate owner.Fingers crossed they arent that disgustingly pathetic but....

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

That would be an Fn nightmare.
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
              If they let Herbert go cuz the SpAnus clan is too broke to afford a Good QB then I will officially quit as a fan until they sell the team to an actual legitimate owner.Fingers crossed they arent that disgustingly pathetic but....
              Curious which team you would go to?
              I'd really struggle with that myself and I'll say if ANY OTHER team went to Las Vegas other than the Raiders, I'd be a fan of that team right now.

Let me add I don't think the Chargers will let Herbert get away

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                Open this link (Peter King's MMQB) and scroll down to item #2. There may be some difficulty retaining Herbert after his rookie contract. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

The guarantees in the contract the Browns gave to Deshaun Watson are unprecedented and now may become precedent for future superstar QB contracts. Such guarantees is going to require teams to carry more millions in escrow and the Chargers are a cash poor team. Dean Spanos' sister and her sons already have Dean in court for diverting money from the family trust to cover the cost of operating the Chargers. The trust is not able to cover its other obligations as a result. This could get ugly if the Chargers have to give Herbert huge guarantees in his next contract.
                That's not what the article actually says. You can infer it, but it actually says teams will argue against thatclevel of guarantee.

If teams have to get tid of players because of escrow accounts the salary cap structure is officially broken. Teams have guaranteed cash flow to cover the costs. Just screw the eacrow.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

And if he won't agree to a contract the franchise can swing (which I doubt) there is the 5th year option plus 2 years of franchise tag. That's 5 more years of contract control at WELL below market rate.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

That's not what the article actually says. You can infer it, but it actually says teams will argue against thatclevel of guarantee.

If teams have to get tid of players because of escrow accounts the salary cap structure is officially broken. Teams have guaranteed cash flow to cover the costs. Just screw the eacrow.
                    You didn't read my comment very well, because I stated what the article said accurately. I said it may become a precedent, and you know as well as I do that if Watson got a fully guaranteed contract the agents for Burrow and Herbert are going to demand the same. You know as well as I do, once a precedent has been breached, there is no going back.

However, I do agree with you that if teams like the Bengals and Chargers can't afford to keep their stars because they can't maintain that much money in an escrow account, the NFL will step in and fix it, because, as you say, the parity structure of the salary cap will be broken.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Curious which team you would go to?
                      I'd really struggle with that myself and I'll say if ANY OTHER team went to Las Vegas other than the Raiders, I'd be a fan of that team right now.

Let me add I don't think the Chargers will let Herbert get away
                      Agreed that NO ownership could be that pathetic even the spanos clan.Herbert IS the franchise now.If they did prove to be that inept and actually let him walk I would wander the nfl landscape teamless until those hapless losers did the right thing and sold.That truly would be the lowpoint for this team in my opinion.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Deshaun is raping the Browns just like he misused his Masseuses. Three years guarantee should be enough for any player. If not time to trade for 4 first rounders.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X