Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

very cool.

I just want to pump the brakes a bit.
    I get it. We all see the same things, but it’s just a game, and so don’t want to see anyone’s dreams crushed.

I’m from Eugene, and went to Sheldon High School and the University of Oregon. So I’m extra protective. Don’t want to be that homer who isn’t living off the kool-aid. That’s how I first fell in love with Chargers, drafting of Dan Fouts….. not sure how but would like to deflect some of the attention so the team can fully reach their collective potential. Absolutely love Keenan Allen, what a great WR and human being. So many stories, so much talent. I’d like to focus on bringing in Richard Sherman. Let him grab media attention, focus on defense, and let offense be offensive. But yes sir, love Herbert, he’s full of surprises
    :Beer1:
    By all means! Pump your brakes as often and as hard as it takes to make you happy.
    Me? I'm not sure why you think PB fan enthusiasm will prevent the Chargers from having their best possible 2021.
    That aside, I like Sherman.
    I trust Staley and Telesco to do what is best for the team. I know damn well they want to win.
    No way to know what their thoughts are re more FA adds.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Sherman is hired but obviously there's no hurry.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

This unstoppable train will not pump the brakes

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Another reason Herb was great against pressure is that he’s one of the best at putting zip on the ball while back-peddling. That comes from arm strength and footwork. His height helps a lot, too, as it increases his field vision as he fades back.

It’s a pretty rare ability.

Brees, Rivers, Wilson, and both Mannings never had it.

Mahomes has it. Rogers has it. Brady kinda has it. Maybe Matt Stafford. But Herbert already does it as well as any of em.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Nope. You are not the only one who likes the pick. I am thrilled with the pick. He has all the tools, and he's a damn fine runner for a 6-6 240 lb man. Wait until he starts scoring TDs with his legs - some tunes will change. He's going to be a dual threat every time the Bolts are in the red zone. When did the Chargers ever have that? I expected the pick was going to be Tagovailoa or Herbert. I had preferred Tua, but I am happy with Herbert. Hopefully he is the next Dan Fouts/Philip Rivers for the Bolts.
          Holy mackerel, I turned out to be a sage for once. :thumbsup: Except for the part about preferring Tua. :blahblah:

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
            A nice talent infusion last year at the games most important position. This year too. The game is looking good for the next 5 years.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

A nice talent infusion last year at the games most important position. This year too. The game is looking good for the next 5 years.
              If Herbert equals his rookie average yardage per game - 289 - he will throw for more than 4,900 yards in 2021. If he equals his rookie TD per game average, he will throw 35 TD passes and run for 6 more.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Herb was 236 at the NFL Combine. The Chargers website lists him at 237. But to be honest, he seems even bigger now. Maybe ‘robust’ is the better word. I’m guessing 245ish.

I wonder how big he can get before his size hinders his mobility. I still want him to escape around the corner for those 10-15 yard scampers. But I also want him as thick and durable as possible.

What do you guys think?

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                  Herb was 236 at the NFL Combine. The Chargers website lists him at 237. But to be honest, he seems even bigger now. Maybe ‘robust’ is the better word. I’m guessing 245ish.

I wonder how big he can get before his size hinders his mobility. I still want him to escape around the corner for those 10-15 yard scampers. But I also want him as thick and durable as possible.

What do you guys think?
                  He is definitely training, working out hard, and gaining muscle weight. How much is anyone’s guess. My son is a bodybuilder and physical changes are astounding, combined with diet. Now believe it is possible to transform into whatever the vision is. In Herbert case, most definitely a franchise NFL QB with ideal measureables.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

He is definitely training, working out hard, and gaining muscle weight. How much is anyone’s guess. My son is a bodybuilder and physical changes are astounding, combined with diet. Now believe it is possible to transform into whatever the vision is. In Herbert case, most definitely a franchise NFL QB with ideal measureables.
                    I’d love to see a completely jacked 250 lb Justin Herbert lower his shoulder and just truck Tyrann Matthieu in the open field.

(insert water droplets emoji)

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Mahomes not worried about Herbert

I'd love for Herb to shut this guy up.

Last edited by PR#1; 07-14-2021, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

How about this for a random theory: Herb’s success while moving vs sometimes errant throws when stationary was due to lack of a decent off season program and pro camp to overcome his shitty Oregon training which had him moving a lot. One full pro camp in the pocket under Staley and he’ll be just fine.

that said, his “poor” pocket performance was pretty fucking good. A simple repeat is stellar imo

As to stats: if the new beastly OL is dominating this year, he’s more likely to be gaining 250/game vs 300. 300+ a game usually means you got no run game and you’re playing from behind. Wins baby, i don’t care about stats.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

I would like better a 350 y by pass and a 150 by run game.
                          No matter if you're from behind.

Comment

Working...
                          X