• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Barely beating teams with backup quarterbacks is pretty much the worst of all worlds.

A win against a deflated Donkey team, and then against Andy Reid's 3rd stringers will move the Chargers to the #15 or 16 pick.
    Lynn and staff might even return.

I can't think of a fucking worse nightmare.
    :bertstare:
    I can. We draft a few more decent players, Herbie wins us several games on his talent mostly alone, but Lynn's awful game planning, lack of adjustments and poor clock management lose us several games. We finish 8-8, barely miss the playoffs, and Lynn gets a 3-year extension. How's that for a worse nightmare?

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Barely beating teams with backup quarterbacks is pretty much the worst of all worlds.

A win against a deflated Donkey team, and then against Andy Reid's 3rd stringers will move the Chargers to the #15 or 16 pick.
      Lynn and staff might even return.

I can't think of a fucking worse nightmare.
      :bertstare:
      100% agree this would be the worst possible scenario.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

"WPS" inches closer with every win
        My question to those who both want to win AND want a new HC....
        Do the positives from wins outweigh the risk of the WPS?
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          "WPS" inches closer with every win
          My question to those who both want to win AND want a new HC....
          Do the positives from wins outweigh the risk of the WPS?
          You always want to strive to win. Most intelligent owners and GM's will recognize when a coach is causing the team to lose several games unnecessarily, due to poor game planning, poor game decisions and poor clock management, which is the case with Lynn--even if the team ends the year on a small win streak. The key word here is "intelligent." And remember, this is the Chargers, so don't hold yer breath...

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

You always want to strive to win. Most intelligent owners and GM's will recognize when a coach is causing the team to lose several games unnecessarily, due to poor game planning, poor game decisions and poor clock management, which is the case with Lynn--even if the team ends the year on a small win streak. The key word here is "intelligent." And remember, this is the Chargers, so don't hold yer breath...
            Exactly, which is why rooting for wins AND a new HC, is mutually exclusive.
            If you say you’re rooting for both, you’re willing to gamble on the later. Which in my book leaves you with no room to complain if that happens
            not targeting you topcat, you just happened to respond to my frustration-posting

but seriously, am I wrong here??
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Exactly, which is why rooting for wins AND a new HC, is mutually exclusive.
              If you say you’re rooting for both, you’re willing to gamble on the later. Which in my book leaves you with no room to complain if that happens
              not targeting you topcat, you just happened to respond to my frustration-posting

but seriously, am I wrong here??
              It's a frustrating conundrum...just about everyone can see Lynn is horribly unqualified to be a HC, but Herbie keeps rescuing him with his sheer talent and willpower...find a competent coach and draft well, and we have a real chance to go deep in the playoffs and maybe even a SB...allow Lynn to flounder another year or more, and we will probably never be better than 8-8 or possibly 9-7, then one and done in the playoffs...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You will see it time lol.

Beach is a weird drafter lol. Falls in love with guys and sticks to them and will post the same mock 100 tunes from now til April.
                It's just his incentive. There's no way Jax is going to pass in a QB of Lawrence and Fields.

I Like Stokes but he isn't the best CB in this draft. I'd be happy with his team mate CB but beach has a man crush.
                Still loves Danny Sheldon who clearly is meh in this league.
                Beach beats to a different drum which makes him interesting, makes you read his thoughts and makes you wonder and ask questions like the one you asked.

Not a knock, he is a worthy read imo whether you agree or not.
                Sewell over Lawrence is a no brainer for beachcomber.

He consistently argues that teams should build from the trenches outward:
                On defense you start with the interior of your D line.
                On offense, you start with the tackle position.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I can. We draft a few more decent players, Herbie wins us several games on his talent mostly alone, but Lynn's awful game planning, lack of adjustments and poor clock management lose us several games. We finish 8-8, barely miss the playoffs, and Lynn gets a 3-year extension. How's that for a worse nightmare?
                  You will be happy to know that i updated the post Topcat. I gave Lynn a 4-year extension and everyone a tour of the future.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Traded with Denver. They offered 1/2/3 for a slot we no longer have. Sign Kerrigan. Force Nwosu to get better and let Tranquil rotate around to preserve his soft body. lol

This is fun. Parsons at (SAM) Murray (MIKE) Moses (WILL) Let DJ roam.

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 10.12.16 PM.png

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Sewell over Lawrence is a no brainer for beachcomber.

He consistently argues that teams should build from the trenches outward:
                      On defense you start with the interior of your D line.
                      On offense, you start with the tackle position.
                      Sewell is a no brainer...... For us.
                      Lawrence is a no brainer for Jax. So was Fields til the Jets won a game.
                      QB is very important as well.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

You will be happy to know that i updated the post Topcat. I gave Lynn a 4-year extension and everyone a tour of the future.
                        Oh, my, saw that...yes, NOW you've got a real nightmare..."Nightmare on Bolt Street"...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          Traded with Denver. They offered 1/2/3 for a slot we no longer have. Sign Kerrigan. Force Nwosu to get better and let Tranquil rotate around to preserve his soft body. lol

This is fun. Parsons at (SAM) Murray (MIKE) Moses (WILL) Let DJ roam.

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 10.12.16 PM.png
                          Fleet, do u think Moses falls all the way to round 3? I'm thinking maybe round 2...Moses looked real strong in coverage in the Florida game...nice to see a Mike LB with closing speed to break up passes over the middle...something the Bolts badly need...

Comment

Working...
                          X