• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

You should do a better job of staying in your lane.

Many of your comments here are bullshit.
    What does this even mean? Care to explain...?

Comment

• eaterfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt

Why are you still worried about his knee? There are videos if him working out and he did all the drills.

What else do you need him to do?
      There may be structural damage or the cartilage may be worn down or there may be evidence of arthritis. To give you some examples from baseball...

Some teams had problems with Shohei Ohtani's elbow. They found some strained ligaments. He was still able to throw in the upper 90s. He pitched great for spring training and then 2 months of the season. After that the strain worsened and he couldn't pitch the rest of the season. The next year he needed Tommy John surgery.

Jacob Nix was drafted in the 5th round by the Astros. They announced a deal and then the Astros didn't sign him because they saw something they didn't like in his elbow. He was still able to throw. He needed Tommy John surgery a year later, too.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

You should do a better job of staying in your lane.

Many of your comments here are bullshit.
        C’mon Woodrow. Your quote applies to every single person in this forum. Including you and me.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

There may be structural damage or the cartilage may be worn down or there may be evidence of arthritis. To give you some examples from baseball...

Some teams had problems with Shohei Ohtani's elbow. They found some strained ligaments. He was still able to throw in the upper 90s. He pitched great for spring training and then 2 months of the season. After that the strain worsened and he couldn't pitch the rest of the season. The next year he needed Tommy John surgery.

Jacob Nix was drafted in the 5th round by the Astros. They announced a deal and then the Astros didn't sign him because they saw something they didn't like in his elbow. He was still able to throw. He needed Tommy John surgery a year later, too.
          Not the same thing. Baseball doesn't apply here.

A torn labrum usually ends a pitchers career but not a QBs.

Tommy John surgery you come back stronger. It's like ACL surgery. Both ligaments get replaced with a tendon.

A torn ACL is common place now. If he had structural damage, I'd sure they would have went back in and fixed it and he wouldn't be working out.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

C’mon Woodrow. Your quote applies to every single person in this forum. Including you and me.
            Would you like me to discuss context,
            after sharing thoughts on message boards with this poster for many years and recognizing a familiar pattern, which diminishes the overall discussion greatly?

Would you like me to quote YOU, where you stated that YOU are not as obsessed as he is about arm length ?

How about this ?
            In the middle of one of his rambles about arm length,
            ​​​​​the poster stated "I am not trying to be difficult."
            That is a tacit admission that he is aware that he is being difficult, but would like a free pass.

The poster is a great contributor,
            but gets himself wound up
            and is completely unable to back away from the keyboard and give it a rest.

Since this is all supposed to be both friendly and substantive,
            let me just say that although there are admittedly many elements of truth to what he says about arm length,
            my opinion is that the poster is also full of shit.

BTW I am the very poster who affectionately gave him the nickname of "Nutty."
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Would you like me to discuss context,
              after sharing thoughts on message boards with this poster for many years and recognizing a familiar pattern, which diminishes the overall discussion greatly?

Would you like me to quote YOU, where you stated that YOU are not as obsessed as he is about arm length ?

How about this ?
              In the middle of one of his rambles about arm length,
              ​​​​​the poster stated "I am not trying to be difficult."
              That is a tacit admission that he is aware that he is being difficult, but would like a free pass.

The poster is a great contributor,
              but gets himself wound up
              and is completely unable to back away from the keyboard and give it a rest.

Since this is all supposed to be both friendly and substantive,
              let me just say that although there are admittedly many elements of truth to what he says about arm length,
              my opinion is that the poster is also full of shit.

BTW I am the very poster who affectionately gave him the nickname of "Nutty."
              Civility
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

The five players in this draft Gil Brandt loves:

1. Jaelan Phillips, pass-rusher, Miami. “He’s the guy everybody will be talking about two years from now. A bit of medical risk due to concussions, but to me he has the biggest upside in the draft. You hit on him, you’ve hit a home run with the bases loaded.”

2. Elijah Moore, wide receiver, Mississippi. “Really fast. A 4.35 guy who could be a lot like A.J. Brownout of Ole Miss a couple of years ago. Not the same body type, but I think Moore will be better in the NFL than he was in college.”

3. Kyle Pitts, tight end, Florida. “Best I’ve seen since Kellen Winslow out of Missouri. Such a fluid guy. The size and speed will be a huge matchup problem in the NFL.”

4. Penei Sewell, tackle, Oregon. “Reminds me of Jonathan Ogden.”

5. Michael Carter, running back, North Carolina. “Love this guy. He shared the job at UNC, but 6.6 yards per carry in his career. I think he’ll lead all rookie running backs in yards in the league next year.”

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not the same thing. Baseball doesn't apply here.

A torn labrum usually ends a pitchers career but not a QBs.

Tommy John surgery you come back stronger. It's like ACL surgery. Both ligaments get replaced with a tendon.

A torn ACL is common place now. If he had structural damage, I'd sure they would have went back in and fixed it and he wouldn't be working out.
                  Working out, proday with no knee brace.
                  Agreed that there is no indication of any negative impact going forward.

I don’t know if/how much his not playing will factor into his draft slot but it isn’t like he forgot how to play OT. Rusty maybe but isn’t that what OTAs and TC are for?

Without the injury/continued improvement ascension rate he would have been in the running for OT1 in the 2020 draft.
                  Walker Little @#13 doesn’t scare me.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                    The five players in this draft Gil Brandt loves:

1. Jaelan Phillips, pass-rusher, Miami. “He’s the guy everybody will be talking about two years from now. A bit of medical risk due to concussions, but to me he has the biggest upside in the draft. You hit on him, you’ve hit a home run with the bases loaded.”

2. Elijah Moore, wide receiver, Mississippi. “Really fast. A 4.35 guy who could be a lot like A.J. Brownout of Ole Miss a couple of years ago. Not the same body type, but I think Moore will be better in the NFL than he was in college.”

3. Kyle Pitts, tight end, Florida. “Best I’ve seen since Kellen Winslow out of Missouri. Such a fluid guy. The size and speed will be a huge matchup problem in the NFL.”

4. Penei Sewell, tackle, Oregon. “Reminds me of Jonathan Ogden.”

5. Michael Carter, running back, North Carolina. “Love this guy. He shared the job at UNC, but 6.6 yards per carry in his career. I think he’ll lead all rookie running backs in yards in the league next year.”
                    Elijah more is more of a luxury/complimentary pick for us but a hell of a multipurpose prospect.
                    Carter is underrated but we have similar players on the roster.
                    Sewell, Phillips, Pitts are all top 10 worthy prospects.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

It will take time to get up to game speed with 2 years off go8ng from sophmore to NFL. Practice can only do so much. But he's been practicing on his own, so he doesn't need so much practice.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Elijah more is more of a luxury/complimentary pick for us but a hell of a multipurpose prospect.
                        Carter is underrated but we have similar players on the roster.
                        Sewell, Phillips, Pitts are all top 10 worthy prospects.
                        Kellen Winslow Sr and Kyle Pitts.
                        Both with suction cups for hands.
                        You won't need even one hand to count the number of passes Pitts dropped in 2020.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Player to stay away from

Jalen Mayfield

Michigan

Prospect Info

College
                          Michigan
                          Hometown

Class

Grand Rapids, MI

R-Sophomore

Height

Weight

Arms

6' 5"

326 lbs

32.625”

Hands
                          9.75”

Prospect Grade

Good backup who could become starter
                          How We Grade

Mayfield, a four-star prospect and top-100 national recruit out of Grand Rapids' Catholic Central High School, was the city's Defensive Player of the Year (31 tackles for loss, 17 sacks) as a senior and helped the squad win Michigan state titles in 2016 and 2017. His father, Brian, played left tackle at Ferris State, but Jalen accepted a scholarship offer from the Wolverines. He played in three games as a reserve left tackle in 2018, redshirting to retain a year of eligibility. Mayfield earned his way onto NFL scouts' radars with his play in 2019, when he was an honorable mention All-Big Ten selection as a 13-game starter at right tackle for the Wolverines. He initially opted out of the 2020 season but decided to opt back in when the Big Ten announced it would have a fall football season instead of playing in the spring. He played well in two starts at right tackle before a high ankle sprain short-circuited his campaign. -- by Chad Reuter

By Lance Zierlein
                          NFL Analyst

NFL Comparison
                          Trey Pipkins

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X