Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree with that but with Chargers letting Rivers go, we are in a desperate need for a QB and not an older stop gap one who can play so-so for a short time.... does no good to have an OL or a DL without a QB.....

If there are no great QB's available then we must take BPA.... OL, DT, CB, LB...... please no reaching for a flawed inconstant QB's like Hebert, Love, eason, Fromm.... those guys will likely be career backups or very mediocre QB's like carson palmer, mariota, stafford, cousins, carr, dalton, ...etc..... I dont want to draft a QB unless we believe he will be a consistent top 5 in NFL type QB..... I have high standards and Chargers should have high standards...... have a bad feeling that Lynn does not have high standards as far as QB's are concerned...... he expects to win just with a running game and defense.....

Mahomes never played against a defense in college(he is lucky he got drafted by the perfect coach, with perfect system and a track team to get wide open for him to throw to)....... Burrow and Tua have lit up the best defenses in college football...... that is what makes them special and near cant miss over the flawed Hebert, love, eason, fromm....etc......

if we fix our OL and DT via FA, then we aren't desperate in those areas in draft...... picking at 6 gets us close enough to be abele to trade up for one of the top 2 QB's...... if we dont get our QB this year, but fix the OL. we will never get be able to get a QB because we will be drafting in late teens till early 20's ........

We need to know what kind of QB we will get so that we will know the type of OL and skill players to put around him.........
    There are high standards...and there are unrealistic standards....you are basically saying you want to take the top QB, or maybe runner up, in a draft....or just forget drafting a QB. The only way you can count on that as a plan is if you count on picking 1 or 2....you could be waiting decades for that to happen...at least several years. Or you can trade away the farm like the Rams....Goff? They sniffed the championship, but are now in cap hell, with no high picks to replenish the ranks...and they get Goff. Picking a flawed QB, and developing those flaws out of them....well, that may be taking a leap of faith, but that is pretty much what you do with every draft pick...and it beats the hell out of waiting for the Bolts to suck so bad, that they are picking 1.

Awful lot of flawed QBs were drafted, and are now wearing SB swag....
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Dak.
      Tannehill...

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Powerful? He’ll yes!

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

How about someone from 49ers staff.???....... they obviously have a great OL coach/assistasnts and shanahan learned OL coaching/tactics from his dad who learned it from walsh's and mckitterick...... who were the best maybe ever....
          Before you start throwing around such accolades, let’s remember their zone-blocking schemes also ended the careers of several players. McKitterick, Shanahan & Kubiak are some of the dirtiest coaches this league has ever seen. Shanahan especially. Belichick has nothing on him.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Before you start throwing around such accolades, let’s remember their zone-blocking schemes also ended the careers of several players. McKitterick, Shanahan & Kubiak are some of the dirtiest coaches this league has ever seen. Shanahan especially. Belichick has nothing on him.
            Fuck Tom Nalen.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
              Powerful? He’ll yes!

It looks like a corner or a safety. He should rag doll toss 190 pounds like that all day and twice on Sunday. I like him too but have seen him mocked midish round 1 now. I say grab Willis/Thomas at 6 and Eason at 37. SCORE!!!!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

"Who wouldn't want all this production ?"
                AL re Rivers

This was either a statement of desire to retain Rivers,
                or it was a cya.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Tannehill...
                  He may fit Tennessee but I don't like him here.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

TT gave us clues at the end of season SOTC presser.

He said first decisions would involve the assistant coaches.

QB coach pick will be noteworthy.
                    I am surprised about Meyers, but not too upset. Continuity vs performance.

Aaron Kromer @ LAR was Meyer's mentor. It sounds like the Rams will keep Kromer after a poor season and some soul searching. I say a LOT of that diminished Ram Oline performance was the Gurley factor. Harry Hiestand anyone ?

Big question...what philosophy, scheme will our new Oline coach have ? What will his depth chart look like ?

This sure is becoming Lynn's team.

I will arm wrestle all of you if necessary every day up to the draft.

Trenches (DBrown, JKinlaw, AThomas, TWirfs, DWills)

vs

Shiny Objects (Burrows, Herbert, Tua, Love, Jeudy, Lamb, Simmons, Young, Okudah)

I am willing to play Power Ball, pull out a ball with the name of any one out of the top ten...well here's fourteen names up above...@#6.
                    Not to beat a dead horse, but... Rams biggest issue last year was that they lost 2 solid parts along the OL (Sullivan, Saffold) and had key, nagging injuries at other positions. It is remarkable the difference of a team when their "foundation" is shakey.

In regards to your players' listing above... I'd put them in this order: Burrows, AThomas, J.Wills, D.Brown, C.Young, Tua, Wirfs, Odukah, Simmons, Kinlaw, Herbert, Jeudy, Lamb, Love. I think your cluster is pretty much right on, based on a combination of need/talent. I tend to skew need over "talent" but, of course, always keep talent in mind. What would your order be on this group...?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Not to beat a dead horse, but... Rams biggest issue last year was that they lost 2 solid parts along the OL (Sullivan, Saffold) and had key, nagging injuries at other positions. It is remarkable the difference of a team when their "foundation" is shakey.

In regards to your players' listing above... I'd put them in this order: Burrows, AThomas, J.Wills, D.Brown, C.Young, Tua, Wirfs, Odukah, Simmons, Kinlaw, Herbert, Jeudy, Lamb, Love. I think your cluster is pretty much right on, based on a combination of need/talent. I tend to skew need over "talent" but, of course, always keep talent in mind. What would your order be on this group...?
                      Rams were starting two late drafted rookies in their Oline at end of year & Whitworth is coming to the end.

They still put up a ton of points against San Fran.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I did not have them in any particular order just yet.
                        These are the consensus top 14.
                        There was talk some of dismissing Kromer recently.
                        We gotta find us an Oline coach.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Rams were starting two late drafted rookies in their Oline at end of year & Whitworth is coming to the end.

They still put up a ton of points against San Fran.
                          They were proactive, making a couple of midseason trades.

Comment

Working...
                          X