• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

this team is about to circle the drain pipes with staley.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
      this team is about to circle the drain pipes with staley.
      If the season does crash and burn, he should be judged on his record. But let's wait to see what happens first - not that we have any say in the matter.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

I am just done with our team being unprepared in all facets of the game. We continue to get steamrolled in the first quarter and this time we could not recover. The boy wonder gave Cleveland the win, they just failed in execution. We should be 3 - 4 but with this lot coaching us it won't be long until we have achieved a losing record.

I expected more this season from this staff.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
          I am just done with our team being unprepared in all facets of the game. We continue to get steamrolled in the first quarter and this time we could not recover. The boy wonder gave Cleveland the win, they just failed in execution. We should be 3 - 4 but with this lot coaching us it won't be long until we have achieved a losing record.

I expected more this season from this staff.
          Mahomes tried to give us the KC game and we failed to execute, so we could be 5-2 - but we aren't. You are what your record says you are.

We have a lot of issues to clean up, to state the obvious. Despite all of this, there are still only 2 teams in the AFC with more wins than us. We have 10 games left and only 1 of the opponents has more wins than us and only 3 have winning records. So yeah, if we play like we did yesterday we'll get our asses kicked, but for all the talk about how bad we are, all of our opponents left, aside from KC, are also struggling and pissing away games. I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet despite the really bad showing yesterday.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Mahomes tried to give us the KC game and we failed to execute, so we could be 5-2 - but we aren't. You are what your record says you are.

We have a lot of issues to clean up, to state the obvious. Despite all of this, there are still only 2 teams in the AFC with more wins than us. We have 10 games left and only 1 of the opponents has more wins than us and only 3 have winning records. So yeah, if we play like we did yesterday we'll get our asses kicked, but for all the talk about how bad we are, all of our opponents left, aside from KC, are also struggling and pissing away games. I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet despite the really bad showing yesterday.
            Exactly right
            hope springs eternal

I just wish he would lose the arrogance and stubborness

the next time he goes for it on fourth down and short - don't try to hurry and run the play
            get the right play
            the right personnel
            if its the first half, use yoru time out - hell he always has them left over anyway

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

My fed up opinion stems from the fact that for the last 3 weeks we have shown up unmotivated and seemingly unprepared. I listen to the radio broadcasts usually and Money Smith was just agog yesterday as we stumbled through the first half. I just do not get the feeling that this will improve sooner or later. Like I said elsewhere, the Phillies ripped off the band-aid in June and now come October they are in baseball's Super Bowl. Are we woulda, coulda, shoulda come January???

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

My fed up opinion stems from the fact that for the last 3 weeks we have shown up unmotivated and seemingly unprepared. I listen to the radio broadcasts usually and Money Smith was just agog yesterday as we stumbled through the first half. I just do not get the feeling that this will improve sooner or later. Like I said elsewhere, the Phillies ripped off the band-aid in June and now come October they are in baseball's Super Bowl. Are we woulda, coulda, shoulda come January???
                Both the Jags and Seahawks games started very similar
                Chargers stopped the Jags on 4th down - moved into scoring position - nothing
                Yesterday, early turnover and on downs, gave the ball back

Seattle drove right back and scored
                I just do not get what goes on that they cannot be prepared to start the game on offense
                don't teams script 15 plays to make sure they run those well..

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

winning the line of scrimmage.
                  This stood out more than anything yesterday. Seattle dominated both lines of scrimmage.

All my optimism in the preseason sprang from how I thought the OL and DL had been rebuilt so they would finally be able to control the LOS.

Instead, it’s just as bad as ever, if not worse.

Is it players or coaches? I’m not sure, but ultimately, Telesco and Staley haven’t improved this team. It’s getting worse.

What’s happening to Herbert is even worse. Each game he’s regressing. He’s getting worse instead of improving.

Lombardi is destroying Herbert.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Both the Jags and Seahawks games started very similar
                    Chargers stopped the Jags on 4th down - moved into scoring position - nothing
                    Yesterday, early turnover and on downs, gave the ball back

Seattle drove right back and scored
                    I just do not get what goes on that they cannot be prepared to start the game on offense
                    don't teams script 15 plays to make sure they run those well..
                    This shit show starts at the top. Double digit first quarter deficits are a lack of preparation and execution.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

I'm still in disbelief that Brian Daboll has the freakin Giants - who were so hapless last year - at 6-1. Telesco and the Chargers' brain trust nailed it n 2020 when they chose Herbert (though it was more luck than prescience if you ask me), but they blew it the next season by passing over Daboll. They thought they were out-smarting the entire league and getting the league's next football genius. They look foolish now. Think about what Daboll could've done with Herbert and this team, where it would be right now. It's nauseating.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        I'm still in disbelief that Brian Daboll has the freakin Giants - who were so hapless last year - at 6-1. Telesco and the Chargers' brain trust nailed it n 2020 when they chose Herbert (though it was more luck than prescience if you ask me), but they blew it the next season by passing over Daboll. They thought they were out-smarting the entire league and getting the league's next football genius. They look foolish now. Think about what Daboll could've done with Herbert and this team, where it would be right now. It's nauseating.
                        I remember it clearly - I woke up on the Saturday of the game where the Ravens played the Bills that Saturday night in the playoffs aand I saw a tweet that said Daboll to the Chargers from Schefter. I couldn't believe it - Telesco was finaly going to get it right

I was rooting for the Ravens, even playing without lamar jackson so the Bills season would end and the Chargers would get Daboll
                        Alas, Schefter was wrong - the one time he was wrong and the Chargers got Staley
                        And I was not happy about Staley as he was too raw and not enough experience and not enough failure. Daboll had been up and down and back up

Staley fooled me a bit with his good talking and personna. But I wanted Daboll dammit!

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

IF we don't make the playoffs the obvious move is to fire the HC and GM and bring in a HC that is tried and proven! We've literally made every other move possible to fix this team and culture through the years since TT has been here so replacing this GM and HC would be the last and only move left to make at this point, again if we don't make the playoffs.

Right now we are a playoff team so there should be no reason to use particular games we lost as why Staley needs to be fired, because facts are facts and right now the teams in the dance. If we could make the playoffs then for sure Staley would be showing that he is progressing and deserves to be here to keep building his vision! No playoffs and bye bye.

Comment

Working...
                          X