• Show
Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

I'm impatient.....get this shit done yesterday.........

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Worn has turned on Derwin

Comment

• Shock&Awe
        Great White North
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        Popper’s take:
        Still have a month to go before kick-off. I'm not worried in the slightest. Talk to me in three weeks then we may have a problem.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

I don't understand why it's taking so long to get a deal done. Either they have the resources (money & cap space, future and present) to pay him or they don't. It shouldn't be difficult to sort out.

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Like I said before in this thread the shit is dragging. He’s got the young hot shot agent that wants every deal he does to set precedent.
            Maybe it would be better if nothing gets reported about Derwin until a deal is done lol.

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              I don't understand why it's taking so long to get a deal done. Either they have the resources (money & cap space, future and present) to pay him or they don't. It shouldn't be difficult to sort out.
              Both sides are going to try to do what’s best for themselves. Derwin probably wants a lot of money and security because he feels he’s the best at his position. Chargers probably want to have some protection because of his injury past. I wouldn’t be frustrated about the situation too much given that this is normal negotiations. Derwin obviously isn’t worried or frustrated yet.

Edit: also given the fact that there’s a hard cap, it’s important to be strategic as well since Herbert can get an extension starting next year.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Both sides are going to try to do what’s best for themselves. Derwin probably wants a lot of money and security because he feels he’s the best at his position. Chargers probably want to have some protection because of his injury past. I wouldn’t be frustrated about the situation too much given that this is normal negotiations. Derwin obviously isn’t worried or frustrated yet.
                I don't understand how it can drag out so long. Both sides have surely played their best hands by now, it shouldn't have taken more than a week to work this out.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Should we start a guessing game on when he will officially sign?
                  I pick 8/29
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I don't understand how it can drag out so long. Both sides have surely played their best hands by now, it shouldn't have taken more than a week to work this out.
                    This was the Aaron Donald holdout in 2018. It technically last more than a year. But he reported for the 2017 season right before it began, and then continued his holdout the following year after the season ended.

https://bakersfieldnow.com/amp/sport...ams-08-31-2018

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

I’m amused by irony of folks who demand Derwin not do what he feels is best for himself but instead play as thats best for the fans. I get it.

I’m sure it will get done. Just a matter of when.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

The Team may want to hold off until rosters start to get settled....if a vet is cut in a position of need and we've locked our salary cap down now for DJ we can't execute on getting that player. Reality is we are nowhere near a firm deadline. Clearly DJ wants to be here and is making the practices still and working out onsite and the team wants him and still has every plan for him to be there....plus he's under contract too. I think its likely to be done the week before week 1 starts so DJ can be in the walkthrus and prep against the Vegas Shitstainers. That way he stays healthy and gets practice time when it means something but puts a sense of urgency on both sides.....right now there is no urgency so sides are less likely to want to give yet. I expect he will be the highest paid safety in the league at his signing....but he's probably worth that in his 2nd contract.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                          I’m amused by irony of folks who demand Derwin not do what he feels is best for himself but instead play as thats best for the fans. I get it.

I’m sure it will get done. Just a matter of when.
                          I am on the side of Derwin James
                          get paid all you can get paid
                          He is in the building, walk thrus, meetings - -

I might get a bit nervous if he is not on the field Sept 11 against the Raiders

Comment

Working...
                          X