2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

MW was a terrible pick at 7; K9 was another one (even a trade up). Jason V; Tillery;
    Ok if you want to get in to a pissing match

Herbert, Slayter, does TT get cred for Ekeler? Verrett should have had a stellar career. Some players just can't stay healthy. Johnson? Derwin? k9 has flashed. So the jury is still out on that pick.

I would bitch about TT if there was someone out there better with a proven track record not just an up n comer. BTW they polled GM's to rank themselves. TT ended up 9th. I think I'll take their assessment over yours

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

The depth looks a lot better....Allen, Williams, Johnston, Palmer, Guyton

Not the choice I expected but at least another weapon for Herbert. If he works hard and gets coached up a bit he could be good. Sounds like hands and route running could improve but some of his measurables are very good,
      Yup the bball starting five is complete. I can’t wait to see Moore explosive plays from this O. He better start working on the jug machine so he can catch the fast balls from JH.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I'll tell you ..... Telesco needs the Chargers to win this year for personal reasons.

They have two very good starters in Bosa & Mack.
        Injury prone - sure; nearing the end - okay; but they are bonafide first rate starters.
        What if they stay healthy all year? Where do you play Murphy/Smith?
        They'd be spot starters playing few minutes in crunch time most weeks.

A 1rst round wide receiver will play many more plays.
        Besides, they want someone who can come in and learn how to be a route runner & professional from Keenan Allen, whose days are numbered.

Telesco will focus on defensive end in round 2.
        Telesco will focus on the interior to the Oline sooner than we think.

Wide receiver, edge and the interior Oline were the primary problems with the team last year.
        You don’t have to convince me, both KA and MW have been injury prone, this was a solid pick…me I just want the defense to get better but yes, this was a no brainer…for what the chargers want to do under moore, this pick makes a TON of sense and the value is undeniable at #21…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          Lol...gotta admit, Im pretty blue...this kid adds nothing to our team we dont already have...he is a future replacement, and a boom or bust prospect at that....exactly the kind of pick I didnt want to make in the first...oh well...hope Im wrong. I didnt even have him on my board...didnt think he fit us at all...and didnt like how he was shut down whenever TCU faced a good defense...of the top 8 receivers, has the worst drop rate. A lot of his YAC was busted coverages. Im perplexed...there were at least a dozen players I would have been happy with, thats how good the draft was going...again, hope Im wrong. Cant pick my favorite player EVERY year, lol....

Heres to hoping Herbert turns this kid into a star...
          wow, last year we were in crazy agreement over the zion pick, I can’t see this any more different than you are seeing it now…he’s a great value at #21 and he’s going to be fantastic, between KA, MW, and Palmer they will have this guy doing things no one has seen him do before on a football field and he’ll play a role starting in year one…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Pretty sure QJ moves Josh Palmer down the depth chart. He'll play plenty.
            I agree, I also think he’ll be playing a lot…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I don't feel this way at all. He was supposed to be a top 15 pick. On many draft boards he was considered the best WR in the draft. The Bolts are very fortunate he fell to them at No. 21.
              ^^^this

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                and stop with the nobody’s at our draft party. In Century City we had Justin Herbert here with Jim Hill and Petros and Money.

we are building a fan base here. This Charger Nation.
                It was poorly attended. Were u there?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Onto Round 2. TE Luke Musgrave or RB Zach Charbonnet.
                  Either would be awesome for sure, but I’m still thinking we need an edge at #54 since we passed up one in round one, then again if they keep drafting offense it’s going to confirm my suspicions that staley is now just a placeholder for moore to take over in 2024…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    We can now trot out Guyton and Johnston if anyone goes down instead of Bandy and Moore. Let that sink in…
                    Who the fuck is moore?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

I agree. I in noway hate the pick, I just was viewing the board and saw people comparing him to M dubs, two totally different wide receivers. He can be smooth, after the catech. Not the burner we wanted. No a high point receiver either. He gonna.have the type of role Keenan does right now..I doubt his production is the same tho. I honestly think he's an anquan light.
                      If you are comparing to anquan then this can’t be a bad pick…

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Who the fuck is moore?
                        Some practice squad guy...
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by COLDCUT View Post
                          Anybody ‘now if this kid QJ can return punts or kickoffs? Wanna bet we’re not done with the WR picks?
                          Tank Dell in the 3rd baby. (AlthoughI expect him to gone by then.)
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X