• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

At the time I suggested cutting Michael Davis, he hadn't yet strung together 6-7 solid weeks of coverage. Now, he seems indispensable.
    He counts as $9.4 million against the cap next year. Without re-signing a single in-house FA for next year, we are nearly $10 million OVER the estimated cap for next year.
    As of today, exactly 0.0 TPB posters have shown me how to keep MD on the roster... and under the cap.
    Took you longer to see what was evident from the start. He was outplaying JCJ from the jump.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

At the time I suggested cutting Michael Davis, he hadn't yet strung together 6-7 solid weeks of coverage. Now, he seems indispensable.
      He counts as $9.4 million against the cap next year. Without re-signing a single in-house FA for next year, we are nearly $10 million OVER the estimated cap for next year.
      As of today, exactly 0.0 TPB posters have shown me how to keep MD on the roster... and under the cap.
      Trade James.
      sacrifice the 1 to keep the others.
      Alohi is a starting SS.
      Ask geniuses to coach mortal men.
      which NFC team is willing to give up multiple 1st for an identity and Alpha HOFer on D?
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

I actually missed the Chargers trading for anyone to help us while we had all of those injured players.

At any rate, the 49ers playing their QB3 and succeeding is pretty darn amazing.
        Cmc would be a downgrade from ek imho. Also they don’t have an all time great young QB they need to pay soon. So apples to oranges comparison.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

What happened to our third round safety? Can't we use him for something and I don't mean waterboy!
          They'll use him in Adderly's position. If they don't believe he is ready, they may draft another safety.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

9.4m for a good CB is chump change. Look what they're paying JCJ!

I think there are other ways to make it possible to keep your best CB. Trade away a higher-salaried player for instance. Good CBs are hard to find. Think back to the many years when none of our CBs were good.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

let me know when Boltnut is hired as GM
              Anyone who wants to give it a go...

I took the liberty of re-structuring Bosa and Keenan (saving about $27 million). Who knows whether their agents would go for it.
              I also cut Feiler (saving $6.5 million).
              Cut players: Hopkins, Trainer, Weaver, Layne, and Lloyd (players no one knows... and probably wouldn't make the team anyways)
              Re-signed: ERFA's Fehoko and Dicker (league minimum $750,000 each).
              Re-signed: Guyton and JK Scott ($1.5 million each)... because they're cheap... and you need a #4 WR and a punter.
              Re-signed Morgan Fox @$4.5 million. After Tillery got cut, Fox is the only IDL with pass-rush ability. OTC says his value is @$5.5 million...

I kept Michael Davis (and his $9.4 million cap hit) per everyone's request.

Now you need to fill out the rest of the roster... Unfortunately, you only have 40 roster spots filled... and $20 million to do it.
              6 draft picks will bring the roster up (46) but your available money down ($12 million).
              Don't forget to set aside a little for in-season signings...!

BTW... your roster doesn't include: Pipkins, Callahan, Adderly, Tranquill, Van Noy, or DeAndre Carter...
              Have fun!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Out of all the brilliant information I gave you... that's what you got out of my post...? Sigh...
                :smh:
                That was the part I disagreed with . You don’t need another yes-man around here - your legend is carved in stone.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

They added a pro bowl punter and pro bowl long snapper as well drafted some guys to play gunner. So....they did more than just replace the st coach. So it become hard for me to access credit and blame. And since I think players matter more than coaches. I don't know if Swinton got a fair shake. But Staley prerogative to make staffing changes.
                  We have a pro bowl punter?

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

In the red-zone everything is condensed. Your passing windows are tiny. The time your QB has to make a decision is miniscule.
                    Defenders are on top of your WR's. Defenders can check you WR's at the line and alter pass patterns. Your secondary help over the top is within 5 yards.
                    It's insane to throw the ball into chaos! Every QB's passing percentage drops by 10% when passing in the red-zone.
                    I love Justin Herbert... but he's not the team's red-zone stud. Ekeler is. And I'd like to see more Kelly in the redzone the next couple of games.

I sure agree with this - Ekeler is a TD maker. When you're on the five-yard line, use him! You can get the ball to him or use him as a decoy (because every opponent is aware of him). It's darn hard to stop Ekeler from making 5 yards with three chances.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

That was the part I disagreed with . You don’t need another yes-man around here - your legend is carved in stone.
                      In that case, carry on...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Vato looks like an extremely important piece to the Staley improvement puzzle to me. Understand the cap is gonna be a problem some restructures and yes losing some players we like will probably happen. Vato is one that I’d try and figure out if I were the capmaster.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Took you longer to see what was evident from the start. He was outplaying JCJ from the jump.
                          From the start, JCJ got paid 40 million guaranteed... and MD got a 48.7 grade from PFF in Game 1 vs the Raiders... and I don't believe he got a snap in Week 2.
                          Having said that, I'm sure JCJ would love to have a game of 50+ under his belt... but that wasn't the argument, was it?

Davis started playing great ball only 6-7 weeks ago. I'd love to keep him now... I just don't see how to afford him in 2023. I don't think he was in the plans.
                          Maybe they extend him to reduce his hit in 2023. But there are financial repercussions... Herbert's extension are on the horizon. Time to load up on cheaper, rookie contracts.
                          What do you think Davis would fetch in trade...? Sell high?

Comment

Working...
                          X