• Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Both Carter and Guyton have good speed.
    That's great, then they must not be very good route runners because nobody is getting open this early in the year. You can see it, Herbert is going through his progressions and guys just aren't there. Look at all the balls MW caught against KC, every single one was contested (credit to MW for grabbing as many as he did).

Maybe defenses are playing us differently this year as well.

And have we seen anything from Guyton since 2020?
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

That's great, then they must not be very good route runners because nobody is getting open this early in the year. You can see it, Herbert is going through his progressions and guys just aren't there. Look at all the balls MW caught against KC, every single one was contested (credit to MW for grabbing as many as he did).

Maybe defenses are playing us differently this year as well.

And have we seen anything from Guyton since 2020?
      Carter has 6 catches in 2 games for 119 yards, a TD and a 19.8 yard average - nothing to complain about there. Guyton has not played much, though Staley did say he'd get some more snaps next week.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Carter has 6 catches in 2 games for 119 yards, a TD and a 19.8 yard average - nothing to complain about there. Guyton has not played much, though Staley did say he'd get some more snaps next week.
        Nice, good to hear.
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

There cannot be a worse idea than to fire Lombardi now.

Herbert needs continuity now more than ever, while dealing with pain management and his ribs.

Intelligent football takes have been replaced by blind hatred of Lombardi.

I must respectfully say, this is arrogance and foolishness, my fellow TPBers and Charger fans across social media.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• PR#1
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post

True...when that KC rookie intercepted that ball at the goal line and ran it back for a touchdown, I saw flashes of the holy roller, Marlon Mcree, and tweety bird. My Dad who passed this year who was a Bolt fan for 50 years used to say the Chargers were snakebit.

What I often wonder...remember the offense in New Orleans with Lobo was there? Just amazing in its variety and ways to move the ball. Yet...here, especially the first two games the offense looks so stale. Mike Williams does not even catch a ball(did he?) against the Raiders....no screen passes.....No long balls to speak of. Is it the Drew Brews factor? Was he that much better? Maybe so. We like Herbert so much we often forget he is only three years in. Heck Drew sat on the bench for a year I think....the guy is still learning.

Lombardi was never the OC in NO. He was the QB coach there.

He went to Detroit and was OC there but washed out. He may be washing out here too.

He went back to NO and became the QB coach again.

Pete Carmichael was the OC on NO.

I thought the offense looked alot better better under Lynn/Steichen.

For some reason when Staley came in he fired both.

I realize Lynn had to go but we should have kept Steichen who is one of the young and up and coming innovative play callers in this league

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Wood, I Can't speak for more than myself, but when I hear, "fire so and so" I never take that literal, as in today.
              I understand that as a replacement process that takes at least a season to take all the steps needed.

When I read arguments for keeping someone, to me they often read in terms of logistics, which indicate a literal and immediate firing. Haha I'm not sure if that's what you're insinuating, but I don't think anyone is proposing running an NFL franchise like a local Wendy's.

What I am for is for Staley to really evaluate the pros and cons of making a change and give it serious consideration, he did so with former ST coach (name escapes)
              so Staley understands the process and at risk of speaking for anyone, I think this is what is meant.

Wts I agree that any major changes to the offense would be devastating for JH so continuing in the system would be priority one in looking for a replacement.

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

He went to Detroit and was OC there but washed out. He may be washing out here too.

I realize Lynn had to go but we should have kept Steichen who is one of the young and up and coming innovative play callers in this league
                I wonder what Steichen's O would look like with our oline today.
                well, the Oline from week 1 haha
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

We know Guyton can produce. He has already proved that in the past. By contrast, Palmer has been targeted 12 times for a whopping 35 yards.

It is the team that can't get over that Palmer is proving to be unworthy of where he was selected. They have tried to force feed him the ball and he simply has not been up to the task.

These coaches are basically the same group that decided to keep K.J. Hill over Tyron Johnson after Johnson had produced the best QB rating when targeted of any qualifying receiver in the entire NFL in 2020, proving that he works well with Herbert. The coaches have already long since proven that they are not infallible when it comes to WR decisions.

Before the season began, I flat out stated that if the offense increases Palmer's role at the expense of Guyton, the offense will suffer. Did you think that was some kind of guess? It was not. It does not take a genius to figure it out.

Palmer has poor separation stats and is not given much of a cushion because he has terrible moves. Nobody fears him. He is not big enough or athletic enough to excel on contested catches. He does not have elite deep speed. Palmer is averaging less than 3 yards per target, which is absolutely putrid.

The offense needs to spread the attempts given to Palmer among the starters, Guyton and Carter. Palmer needs to be the #5 WR.

If you disagree, please tell me, how does Palmer win? I am still waiting for a meaningful response to that question that I have asked at least 10 times now. How does Palmer win?

I would love to have been wrong about Palmer. Unfortunately, I have been pretty dead on right about him so far.
                  I am starting to agree regarding Palmer, at least this season. It seems him and Herbert are not on the same page. I see throws by Herbert that just look lost when thrown in the direction of Palmer. I do wish Guyton had more plays to him. But I'm not totally sold on him, either. Bigger gameplan for DC for sure...he just keeps making plays.
                  Oh also, I'm not sold on McKitty, either. I cringe when I see him running with the rock, like he's gonna fumble at any time.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

I DID like Shane S. Lynn was the one that bogged that team down trying to mold them into a running team with a star QB.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

I think Herbert would advocate for more speed, beyond 30 year old Carter,time for him to take control.

Anyone notice Herbert looking angrier throughout the game?
                      before the pick 6, in the first quarter
                      Angry in a good way
                      He's no longer wide eyed rookie of the year budding superstar.
                      He's growing into his veteran prime, and taking command of his offense on the field.
                      next step is to tale command of your offense off the field.
                      make your voice heard and demand what you need to make the offense work, whatever that may be.
                      if he has to go "peyton manning asshole" behind the scene, do it Justin, your time is now.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

I DID like Shane S. Lynn was the one that bogged that team down trying to mold them into a running team with a star QB.
                        I don’t know about Shane but I couldn’t understand why they let Pep go. He did good work with JH

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                          Let's do this!
                          • Aug 2022
                          • Raleigh N. Carolina
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          There cannot be a worse idea than to fire Lombardi now.

Herbert needs continuity now more than ever, while dealing with pain management and his ribs.

Intelligent football takes have been replaced by blind hatred of Lombardi.

I must respectfully say, this is arrogance and foolishness, my fellow TPBers and Charger fans across social media.
                          Until teams respect the Chargers running game the passing game will suffer.

I love Ek but is he really a #1 between the tackles smashmouth RB?

Comment

Working...
                          X