Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Somebody forgot to take his Grumpy Pill! lol

Yes, how utterly aggravating that posters suggest, predict, or anticipate things that don't end up transpiring, or that you don't agree with, personally. The nerve of anyone to have any independent thought! It's an outage, I tell you! I guess making it personal and criticizing anyone who disagrees with you is the most evolved response you've got.

Hope you're feeling better soon! M'wah!
    Easy quack - I’m not cranky nor upset. I’m just disagreeing with visual examples. Are you aggravated by that? does it make you cranky? I’m sorry, hope you’re ok soon! This forum is dedicated to posters annalyzing other poster’s opinions, it’s kind of what we all do here. I didnt realize you didn’t know that. I’ll try and be gentle at the risk of being less honest.

Personal? I wrote it was a stupid idea, i didn’t write you are stupid. Then you wrote “bless your heart”, which was the start of “personal”. Did you know what that phrase means? I do. It’s ok, you can give me a good rib, it’s all good brother. I’ll try not to respond so you don’t get cranky and aggravated
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m well versed on the expression and its meaning. I gotta admit I don’t worry much about being called dim by a guy who lobbies for our 6th round rookie defensive tackle to be our secret offensive weapon. If you’re with him, you guys must think playing NFL TE is really easy and NFL defenses are really stupid.

Sit down Everett, hit the bench Parham, McKitty grab a towel - we gotta get Matlock in there! Or maybe you guys wanted to sit QJ and Dub - nothing says genius like sitting your star skill players in the red zone to try trick plays with a backup late round rookie DT.

Lol … sure.

But thanks
      For starts we're talking about one play, maybe used a few times a season with Matlock lined up as an additional blocker where Moore might have used a 6th receiver optional OL, TE or FB. One of 5 potential receivers. He stays on a block and the ball goes elsewhere. He slips the block and is covered, the ball goes elsewhere. Or, he slips the block, is not covered and makes a catch. I don't think anyone sees this as a potential offensive staple, or a go-to. Just a confident offense having a little in your face fun.
      AAAND... it's way early. Let's see how Matlock carries himself in training camp/ preseason at his normally expected responsibilities.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

How often have we seen a "trick" play from the Chargers that worked? Forget the tricks and play hard-nosed football.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          How often have we seen a "trick" play from the Chargers that worked? Forget the tricks and play hard-nosed football.
          I liked the fumblerooski for a TD. But granted tricks are for fun. Gotta have all the basic stuff going your way first.

ps: Most successful offensive plays are "tricks" where we deceived a defender into turning the wrong way.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

For starts we're talking about one play, maybe used a few times a season with Matlock lined up as an additional blocker where Moore might have used a 6th receiver optional OL, TE or FB. One of 5 potential receivers. He stays on a block and the ball goes elsewhere. He slips the block and is covered, the ball goes elsewhere. Or, he slips the block, is not covered and makes a catch. I don't think anyone sees this as a potential offensive staple, or a go-to. Just a confident offense having a little in your face fun.
            AAAND... it's way early. Let's see how Matlock carries himself in training camp/ preseason at his normally expected responsibilities.
            Ok, well i just think it’s silly on multiple levels already described and won’t happen. But its dog days of summer, by all means have fun.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Ok, well i just think it’s silly on multiple levels already described and won’t happen. But its dog days of summer, by all means have fun.
              In my opinion the odds favor your opinion. (but not 100%) My point is that Moore is not above thinking outside the conventional box. I'm pretty confident that there will be some next level stuff on O.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

In my opinion the odds favor your opinion. (but not 100%) My point is that Moore is not above thinking outside the conventional box. I'm pretty confident that there will be some next level stuff on O.
                I completely agree Moore will be creative, innovative, daring and we will see some next level stuff that actually works (unlike Lombo’s painfully lame “trick” attempts). I can just think of a couple dozen other out of box ideas more likely than sending a backup rookie DT out to trick the defense into ignoring him and its an odd leap to latch onto this one idea of the infinite number of possibilities. There are lots of players he can put out there that won’t draw an immediate “hey, what the fuck is that backup DT doing out there - something’s up, we better watch for him” reaction. It could work maybe once in Matlock’s career and its unlikely the team will ever dedicate their very limited practice and preparation time to actualize it.

But hey - nothing is 100%, you got me there.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Since everything is on the table:

All Go, corner and post routes!
                  00 formation
                  Davis
                  Guyton
                  Q
                  Williams
                  And...
                  JT woods!
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I completely agree Moore will be creative, innovative, daring and we will see some next level stuff that actually works (unlike Lombo’s painfully lame “trick” attempts). I can just think of a couple dozen other out of box ideas more likely than sending a backup rookie DT out to trick the defense into ignoring him and its an odd leap to latch onto this one idea of the infinite number of possibilities. There are lots of players he can put out there that won’t draw an immediate “hey, what the fuck is that backup DT doing out there - something’s up, we better watch for him” reaction. It could work maybe once in Matlock’s career and its unlikely the team will ever dedicate their very limited practice and preparation time to actualize it.

But hey - nothing is 100%, you got me there.
                    Rookie, stand here, combo block on the edge, run to the 1st down marker or goal, turn and put up your hands. If the ball hits them, hang on. Rest of the team do what you always do when a play with a blocking TE is called. He can practice that with the backups if KM thinks it's worth a try. We already know he's a 6-4, 308lb athlete- top 10 strength & speed for drafted DL,HS TE who can catch.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Rookie, stand here, combo block on the edge, run to the 1st down marker or goal, turn and put up your hands. If the ball hits them, hang on. Rest of the team do what you always do when a play with a blocking TE is called. He can practice that with the backups if KM thinks it's worth a try. We already know he's a 6-4, 308lb athlete- top 10 strength & speed for drafted DL,HS TE who can catch.
                      Lol, speed “for DL” … good one. Ok, you won me over. I’ll give 5% odds based on your convincing presentation.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        Lombo used to dial those up when he felt our offense had too much momentum and he wanted to slow down or kill a drive.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

The last time I saw a trick play that work for the Chargers is in a Pro Bowl.
                          I think it was Rivers to Tomlinson to Gates !
                          Didn't find the video.

Comment

Working...
                          X