• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks Gordone can eat shit.Trade em TT win or lose I'm done with his self servin diva ass.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Sarge, I understand some of what you're saying here. Yes, you could make the argument that Gordon is underpaid. However, there's one detail we all need to keep in mind here: HE SIGNED THE CONTRACT. He KNEW when he wrote his name on the dotted line, that the team had and has a 5th year option PLUS the option to franchise tag afterwards. When you sign a CONTRACT, both sides are obligated to keep their word, or there are consequences.

Suppose I sign a CONTRACT to buy a car, and take out a loan over 5 years. What if the car gets kind of beat up after 4 years, and needs new tires, brakes, a radiator, etc. Do I then go to the dealership and DEMAND a new car? Do I DEMAND they refund my money? No, it doesn't work that way. This is the real world, where people sign contracts all the time.

Suppose I stop making payments on my car, while demanding the dealer give me new tires, something that wasn't in the original contract? Will they do it? Nope. In fact, after a few months of non-payment, the account goes into delinquency, and the car gets repossessed. You don't honor your contract, there are consequences. If Gordon doesn't show up for TC and games, he gets fined. Those are the consequences, all spelled out in the contract and/or the NFL CBA. If Gordon doesn't like his deal, tough...finish your current deal, and then test the market...
      personal services contracts get renegotiated all the time. and that's when the person can choose where to work and who to work for. mg iii signed a contract that he basically had to sign, with a team he had to play for and it was subject to a CBA that he had nothing to do with that specifically took a very tough position on rookie contracts and 1 st round picks. all that car nonsense is just that.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

personal services contracts get renegotiated all the time. and that's when the person can choose where to work and who to work for. mg iii signed a contract that he basically had to sign, with a team he had to play for and it was subject to a CBA that he had nothing to do with that specifically took a very tough position on rookie contracts and 1 st round picks. all that car nonsense is just that.
        Gordon didn't have much of any choice in the contract. The fact that Chargers could exercise an option if he was under-valued, but could also dump him if he was over-valued is an interesting point. to ponder. kind of a one-sided one-way deal tharr. If he really sucked, sucked bad, sucked at the end of the bench coach won't talk to him bad ... would he be entitled to a guaranteed $5.6M from the team? not a chance. ok - lets split the diff - they are $3M apart. cut it in half, give him a one-year bump.

then make him play LEFT TACKLE. (dick)

he said he wouldn't hold out before the draft and during the opening of FA. After draft was over, after all of the best value-priced FA options were signed - he then holds the team hostage. sorry brah - thats the problem I have right there. Can't negotiate with terrorists or the next hostage is right around the corner and there's no end.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
          Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks Gordone can eat shit.Trade em TT win or lose I'm done with his self servin diva ass.
          and yet you want to trade for a guy who's holding out from the Skins.

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Sarge, I understand some of what you're saying here. Yes, you could make the argument that Gordon is underpaid. However, there's one detail we all need to keep in mind here: HE SIGNED THE CONTRACT. He KNEW when he wrote his name on the dotted line, that the team had and has a 5th year option PLUS the option to franchise tag afterwards. When you sign a CONTRACT, both sides are obligated to keep their word, or there are consequences.

Suppose I sign a CONTRACT to buy a car, and take out a loan over 5 years. What if the car gets kind of beat up after 4 years, and needs new tires, brakes, a radiator, etc. Do I then go to the dealership and DEMAND a new car? Do I DEMAND they refund my money? No, it doesn't work that way. This is the real world, where people sign contracts all the time.

Suppose I stop making payments on my car, while demanding the dealer give me new tires, something that wasn't in the original contract? Will they do it? Nope. In fact, after a few months of non-payment, the account goes into delinquency, and the car gets repossessed. You don't honor your contract, there are consequences. If Gordon doesn't show up for TC and games, he gets fined. Those are the consequences, all spelled out in the contract and/or the NFL CBA. If Gordon doesn't like his deal, tough...finish your current deal, and then test the market...
            Such simple concepts seem so foreign to this generation. Entitlement mentality...

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Hard to think his contract is unfair when he is not even asked to be a bell cow RB. $5.6 mil is fair IMO.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

and yet you want to trade for a guy who's holding out from the Skins.

Worlds apart and Hell Yes.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Such simple concepts seem so foreign to this generation. Entitlement mentality...
                  Yep, you got that right, SD. A whole generation of whining, slacking spoiled brats sit around making demands on management, the government, or the rest of us, just because they feel SOMEONE OWES THEM...for them, the idea of responsibility, hard work, ethics and keeping your word are "old-fashioned"...no wonder our country is swiftly swirling down the toilet...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Okay, if you want to use the illustration of a services contract, fine. Suppose a homeowner signs an agreement with a solar company to install a solar system, say a total of 30 panels for a total of $30,000. Suppose the company gets about 4/5 of the way through the job, installing about 24 panels, then hears about another solar company who installed the same number, brand and Kw # panels, but got paid $40,000. Suppose they stop work and demand that you tear up the original agreement and renegotiate the deal at the "current going rate" of $40,000, because "that's what other companies are charging." Would you, the homeowner, agree to this, even after both parties have signed a previous agreement?

Comment

• WahooBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2014
                      • Send PM

I guess only time will tell how much Gordon wants to be with his "Guys" and how long his "Guys" will have his back.
                      The guess is that he shows back up prior to game 1 and has about 2 weeks to get into playing shape....not sure how that works but he will get a small bump for the year, fines waived and either extended , tagged or allowed to walk.
                      Chargers can do this without him and besides...you have to have some serious luck on your side and avoid the three " I's" to get to the Super Bowl anyway....Injury, Illness and Ineligible

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Okay, if you want to use the illustration of a services contract, fine. Suppose a homeowner signs an agreement with a solar company to install a solar system, say a total of 30 panels for a total of $30,000. Suppose the company gets about 4/5 of the way through the job, installing about 24 panels, then hears about another solar company who installed the same number, brand and Kw # panels, but got paid $40,000. Suppose they stop work and demand that you tear up the original agreement and renegotiate the deal at the "current going rate" of $40,000, because "that's what other companies are charging." Would you, the homeowner, agree to this, even after both parties have signed a previous agreement?
                        Lol. Have you ever done any construction? Contractors are famous for change orders.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Yep, you got that right, SD. A whole generation of whining, slacking spoiled brats sit around making demands on management, the government, or the rest of us, just because they feel SOMEONE OWES THEM...for them, the idea of responsibility, hard work, ethics and keeping your word are "old-fashioned"...no wonder our country is swiftly swirling down the toilet...
                          You don't think athletes held out before? You ever hear of Curt Flood? Or closer to home Fred Dean? JJ?

Comment

Working...
                          X