• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    We'll see about three games in if JJ can be what we need as far as RB.Im hoping he is and looking back at his college career it looks like he should do well with a heavier workload.Fingers crossed.

He looked good late last year and in some big spots. Love this guy hope he takes it to the next level.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Preseason....against AZ. We'll see how preseason game 3 go's when all the starters go 3 quarters.
      It's not a given that Chargers will play the projected starting units for the traditional "3 quarters". Lynn may be serious about limiting vet reps in preseason games. Younger projected starters are probably going to be in with their snaps to be determined by risk/reward. Guys who need the reps will get them. Not sure JJ needs a lot of PS game reps.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

If Lynn decides to expose his starters for 3 quarters. I wouldn't.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          If Lynn decides to expose his starters for 3 quarters. I wouldn't.
          Not likely with 4 mixed practice/scrimmages angainst 2 good opponents. Lots of valuable reps for vets already

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The Rams played no starters in the preseason last year, and started 8-0. I think that might be extreme, as our OL needs a lot of work, and Tillery and Adderley need snaps as well. We really don't need to see PR, Allen, Mike Williams, Henry, Ekeler and Pouncey on Offense, and Hayward, Bosa, Ingram, Davis, and James on Defense.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              The Rams played no starters in the preseason last year, and started 8-0. I think that might be extreme, as our OL needs a lot of work, and Tillery and Adderley need snaps as well. We really don't need to see PR, Allen, Mike Williams, Henry, Ekeler and Pouncey on Offense, and Hayward, Bosa, Ingram, Davis, and James on Defense.
              This.

Comment

• Big Dog
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I think Anthony Lynn has been persuaded that limiting the starters exposure in pre-season is the smarter move ... so I expect him to keep starters that have nothing to prove like PR, Kennan, Bosa and Ingram on the sidelines.

But select starters who need to shake off the rust or who AL wants to see play against the other teams ones, I expect to see a few snaps for them. Also "maybe starters" that he is considering starting like DB opposite Hayward, FS etc. etc..

He might play units that need to play with each other, like maybe starting OL ... he might play them in 3rd PS game for a quarter or something ...

Overall 100% we see less of the starters than last pre-season ...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
                  I think Anthony Lynn has been persuaded that limiting the starters exposure in pre-season is the smarter move ... so I expect him to keep starters that have nothing to prove like PR, Kennan, Bosa and Ingram on the sidelines.

But select starters who need to shake off the rust or who AL wants to see play against the other teams ones, I expect to see a few snaps for them. Also "maybe starters" that he is considering starting like DB opposite Hayward, FS etc. etc..

He might play units that need to play with each other, like maybe starting OL ... he might play them in 3rd PS game for a quarter or something ...

Overall 100% we see less of the starters than last pre-season ...
                  I would like to see Scott, Lamp and Feeney, and how about Q-Berry and Camper on the right side? We already know how bad Scho and Tevi are, so give them each maybe a quarter of reps, then let's see some fresh beef in there the rest of the way.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Melvin is on social media with a TNF necklace. The Chargers week 10 game is against the Raiders on Thursday Night Football.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Ok Melvin?!?!?!

meanwhile reports are that Dak Prescott turned down the cowboys offer of $30m/year because he wants $40m/year.

Who is crazier? The Cowboys for making that offer or Dak for turning it down and upping the ask? Or MG III

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Pathetic
                          I think I'm over this kid's soft-trolling
                          On second thought, I'm morbidly curious how obsessed he can get before snapping
                          his talent isn't worth all this
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X