• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

And fuck, as much as I hate the Raiderettes, Power to them for showing us how to play an NFL Game. Take note Chargers.

Comment

• El_Tee
      I’m No Noob
      • Sep 2019
      • Disney World, FL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

This is true but come on the receivers did not do their jobs last night either. No separation at all, meandering in and out of their breaks. I was ready to throw my remote at the TV if I had to watch Patton skipping and high stepping in his route on a couple of long throws that he should have been flat out running on. Very poor day for the O. Everyone deserves blame. Terrible line play, bad QB play and Receivers going through their routes like it was a walk through practice. The only thing that went well was the running game for the first half, then the team crapped their collective pants with that as well in the second half.
      The first pick, overthrowing Allen, had a Charger receiver (I think Williams) WIDE OPEN past him at the GL/end zone. Was on all the replays.

I’d love for someone with the tech to analyze all this shit.

Comment

• El_Tee
        I’m No Noob
        • Sep 2019
        • Disney World, FL
        • Send PM

Here’s that play. Charger WIDE OPEN AND LOOKING BACK TO MAKE A PLAY FFS

860A8982-6583-47CB-AACC-8B5793976292.jpeg

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He don't have the head. Stick looked like shit as well in preseason against third strangers. I see no upside to playing him this year.

I actually imagine him with the starters playing awful
          True - in fact anyone would look bad with the OL we have right now.... the raiders aren't even known for a good pass rush.

Topcat - next time you want to start a new thread, take a deep breath and forget about it. You have really large panic button..
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post

Yep. And the protection wasn't all that bad on that play. Once Rivers gets rattled and goes into "Hero Ball" mode, even on plays with decent pass pro, his throws are frequently off. My big beef on that last drive was the repeated deep ball pass attempts, all of which went incomplete. These are low percentage throws, especially when Rivers is in panic mode. A much higher percentage pass is a quick out to the sidelines to stop the clock, with maybe one pass over the middle for hopefully good YAC, then a timeout. So, if it was Steich that dialed up those long bombs, as I said, shame on him. But if Rivers chose to go long instead of looking for the man open short, shame on him.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Just an observation ... a lot of forum brothers and sisters are commenting on this thread and have a lot to say about the thread topic, yet they criticize the OP for creating the thread. Just an observation.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post

Rivers was hit or rushed when he threw that just like most plays. When the line is not even attempting to block people need to get open fast and that wasn't happening last night. You can for sure go in and cherry pick a play here or there of guys getting open. But if you are telling me that these receivers were running around wide open all night and the line was like the great wall and Rivers was just missing guys he should have hit all night I am going to have to call Barbara Streisand on that.

Comment

• RollingThunder
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

True - in fact anyone would look bad with the OL we have right now.... the raiders aren't even known for a good pass rush.

Topcat - next time you want to start a new thread, take a deep breath and forget about it. You have really large panic button..

The chances of Stick being a successful NFL quarterback are low but it's better to find that out now rather than later. Why waste our time with a known commodity that we know doesn't work and hasn't worked?

The point of all this is to win a Superbowl at some point in the future. Rivers is not that future so let's get started on working towards that, whatever or with whomever that may be.

In the infamous words of Ellis Boyd; let's "Get busy living or get busy dying". When it comes to a superbowl win, I choose the former, with Rivers your choosing the latter.

Comment

• El_Tee
                    I’m No Noob
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Disney World, FL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Rivers was hit or rushed when he threw that just like most plays. When the line is not even attempting to block people need to get open fast and that wasn't happening last night. You can for sure go in and cherry pick a play here or there of guys getting open. But if you are telling me that these receivers were running around wide open all night and the line was like the great wall and Rivers was just missing guys he should have hit all night I am going to have to call Barbara Streisand on that.
                    I’m telling you that Rivers has a rough start and end and cost us the game. We can disagree for days but the facts speak for themselves. As does the final score. And the experts. And history. And general consensus outside our “fandom bubble”.

We’re all in agreement, except for you.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

On that final drive when none of Rivers passes were completed, Patton was open (yellow), but Rivers instead tried to force it to KA. Ball sailed high, and was almost picked:

image.png

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

On that final play, Rivers had Ekkie open (yellow), with just one defender to juke out for some nice YAC...but no--Phil forces the rock into coverage for a pick to end the game...awful decision-making. It this was Brady starting that final drive with a minute or so left on the clock, he is dinking with short passes to put his team into position for the FG...

image.png
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Topcat; 11-08-2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

I could see Lynn actually starting Tyrod at some point this season. Just a gut feeling.

Comment

Working...
                          X