• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

LOL, i went thru the first 20 and surprised i only commented twice. But , i just thought he needed some footwork coaching and get the ball out sooner. Wasnt in love with his accuracy over 10 yards but i guess his recievers were crap then at Oregon.
    His receivers did suck, but I give Herbert a lot of credit for finding a good coach and working very hard on improving his craft. From what I remember, he look vastly better by the time the combine came around than he did at the end of his college career.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Don't forget Lawrence being called a once in a lifetime QB in many years. He still has time but he sure looked bad last season.
      Anthony Lynn as HC >>>> Urban Meyer lol

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Anthony Lynn as HC >>>> Urban Meyer lol
        That speaks volumes about Meyer as a pro coach!

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Seems like more often than not that college coaches can't handle to move to pro. Case 'n Point: Nick Saban. Chip Kelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Tom Telesco said he had Herbert rated as the #1 player before the 2019 NFL Draft prospects announced their intentions, so he liked him better than Kyler Murray and Nick Bosa. Then Herbert decided to stay in school. To be fair, Telesco didn't say that about 2020, so maybe he had Burrow and Chase Young ranked higher than Herbert. But I don't think at #6 overall in the 2020 NFL Draft Telesco said, "Oh, well. I guess we'll just settle for Herbert."
            Telesco decided that he was not going to bring back Rivers, so he decided that he was taking a QB no matter what. If he has his choice of all three, he screws it up--virtually guaranteed, just like almost everyone else did pre-draft. So, it worked out great for us that other teams gave us no choice as to which QB we were getting. I do not give a whole lot of credit in that situation when the choice is a choice of 1.

And Herbert's draft stock actually fell because he returned for his senior season. Almost everyone had him as the third best QB in the 2020 draft class. I had him as the best QB in the 2020 draft class.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
              Fluent in Sarcasm
              • Jun 2013
              • Iowa
              • Man of the People
              • Send PM

Anyone still want Simmons?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Don't forget Lawrence being called a once in a lifetime QB in many years. He still has time but he sure looked bad last season.
                I had Lawrence as the best QB prospect since at least John Elway and he did underperform and was also adversely impacted by a bad situation in Jacksonville with a team with no talent and a dysfunctional coaching staff.

He still has more potential than any of the QBs from the 2021 draft class, but it is unrealized potential so far. He is really going to have to improve to get to where Herbert is as Herbert is miles ahead of him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

His receivers did suck, but I give Herbert a lot of credit for finding a good coach and working very hard on improving his craft. From what I remember, he look vastly better by the time the combine came around than he did at the end of his college career.
                  Thats a coachable player right there. Its easy to fall back into old habits. I did not expect what we got from him as a rookie.

Urban Meyer had failure written all over him. The NFL will certainly humble anybody with a big ego real quick.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Telesco decided that he was not going to bring back Rivers, so he decided that he was taking a QB no matter what. If he has his choice of all three, he screws it up--virtually guaranteed, just like almost everyone else did pre-draft. So, it worked out great for us that other teams gave us no choice as to which QB we were getting. I do not give a whole lot of credit in that situation when the choice is a choice of 1.

And Herbert's draft stock actually fell because he returned for his senior season. Almost everyone had him as the third best QB in the 2020 draft class. I had him as the best QB in the 2020 draft class.
                    How do you know Telesco would have screwed it up? You have inside information that he would have drafted Tua ahead of Herbert?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                      Anyone still want Simmons?
                      Yes...if we could get him in the same selection we chose Murray.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Yes...if we could get him in the same selection we chose Murray.
                        If we’re wishing for players that weren’t on the board with that pick I’ll take Wirfs every time.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

How do you know Telesco would have screwed it up? You have inside information that he would have drafted Tua ahead of Herbert?
                          I think so. I remember, just before the draft, the FO worked on the right side of the OL.

Comment

Working...
                          X